Chapter Five

"He's gone," Lana said, throwing the file down.

"I see," he replied, not touching it, head still in the document he was scribbling on, "Next one?"

"No, I'm done. "

Anthony paused his writing, the black and gold fountain pen glinting in his hand. "Stopping after only three kills? Wasting all that training? "

"Yes. "

"And getting back only get three people? "

"Yes." Anthony looked up at her at this and an eyebrow flickered up in surprise before dropping back down. Didn't think she had been serious, eh?

"Very well, who will they be?" he asked, leaning back into his chair and raising the pen to touch his lips.

But he knew. She had told him.

Lana shrugged it off. Probably a parting power play. "My mother and siblings."

He nodded, in a way that said he he had just wanted to confirm and Lana's frown deepened. Had something happened to one of them?

He picked up his desk phone, rung a number and said into it," Come in. "

Two of this goons walked in. Were they going to take her there? Did he keep them in the building?

"Fun fact," Anthony started, and they grabbed her. Huh? " There were three bodies dumped in the lake yesterday. You contributed to the haul, of course. "

He stood. "And yet Dorian isn't one of them."

Lana tried to not let the shock she felt show on her face. She might not have been completely successful because a small smirk was forming on his lips.

But they had been careful, had even employed a decoy, so to speak.

He picked up the file, turned it around. "You were a little apprehensive about the job so I told Lowe to tail you. He spotted Dorian as he crossed your street. "

"Perhaps I was biding my time, " she tried.

"You had him in your house. If you didn't want to stain your carpet, you should have gone to his. "

He had taken to pacing the length of his lengthy desk. "Of course, he would have finished the job but he thought it was just a look out mission. And by the time, he had reported it, Dorian was gone. That guy sure does know how to die, I'll give him that. "

He dropped the file on his table and walked toward her. "I'm debating if Lowe should be punished. It was a honest mistake but still a mistake nonetheless. "

His voice had dropped to a whisper as he was right in front of her. "Now the punishment is going to be, if I decide to dish it out, a light few days of torture, loosing digits or maybe a limb. Nothing too serious. Was supposed to be the same for you. "

He straightened his coal-black suit- not that there were any creases on it- as he stepped back and resumed that slow, deliberate pace.

"While I have very little affection for him, never read me bedtime stories, you did put the official CEO of the cooperation in jail, and its gonna take something to get him out. Bad for our image, you see. "

Oh.

I put the dad in jail? Threw the drug baron in the slammer? The lord of assassins in the big house? Not bad for a rookie.

"So the punishment is death. "

And looks like you ain't gonna be alive to tell the tale, Wonder woman.