Chapter 1

In the shadows of Corona, there was something moving swiftly in the alleys. With knife in their pocket and a gun too, they were seeking danger. 

The strange person quietly entered the house they knew would be empty tonight, reaching into their pocket. 

Well, the house was almost empty. 

The strange person had been watching the man for the last couple of weeks, knowing he would be alone this day. And that is the perfect time to pull a crime. 

They waited until they were sure the person was asleep, and pulled off the first of many crimes. 

....

Rapunzel had been home schooled all her life. Her parents were just too afraid that she would be targeted if she attended school because her father was the mayor. So the worry did come from a place of love, but she really wanted to go to school and meet new friends. The only friend she had was a boy next door. 

Jared was also homeschooled, but not for the same reason. His parents just couldn't get all the supplies to put him in school. So, he would often borrow books from Rapunzel and she didn't mind. After all, he would always return them. 

But, today, she handed all of her books to him, because she didn't need them anymore. The school provided a brand new set of books, that Rapunzel was extremely happy to dig into. 

But that day, as she dropped off the books, Jared didn't answered the door like normal. Instead, his parents answered, with red circles under their eyes. Rapunzel knew something was up, but it seemed rude to question. 

So she handed them the books and headed to school.