Chapter 4: Freak

Rapunzel could hardly sit still. After all, it was her first science class. Her parents never knew much about science, and even when they tried to learn about it more, they still didn't understand it all that much.

Since they didn't understand it all that much, Rapunzel had to learn on her own, which had some problems. For one, it couldn't really check her answers, since google would always give her mixed answers. She also couldn't ask for help because her parents wouldn't know anything. 

But the thing she was most excited about were experiments. Her parents would never get a lab for her, saying that it was too dangerous. But today was the day she could finally day. 

As she entered science class, she wrote with black marker.

Acidity Experiment 

"Ok everyone," Mrs. Madlia said, in front of the class. "We are going to do an acidity lab. This is a partner lab, and no you may not choose your partners." The whole class collectively groaned.

The teacher sighed, looking a bit annoyed at the class. "The instructions are in your textbooks, they should be simple enough for you to understand." The teacher said, looking around the class.

Mrs. Madila turned around, and began partnering up with students. Rapunzel looked around at her classmates, who were all groaning at their partners, with a few being fine with it.

Is her class always this....sad?

Finally, after what seemed like forever, her name was listed on the board.

Varian, Rapunzel

...

Varian groaned, giving up hope that he wouldn't be paired with anybody. He had spent his years in school basically avoiding anything social like it was the plague.

But partner projects were his biggest weakness. Either the person he was paired up with would make him do all the work, or basically never talk to him, only doing their part.

Varian always liked the later option. There would be little to no talking, and he wouldn't have to do all the work.

But from how the new girl acted like, he was pretty sure it wasn't going to be like that.

She had long blond hair, with a simple purple dress to top it off. She wasn't like most people he had seen at school before, with their dark clothing, and edgy tone. The new girl seemed to be a peppy sunshine flower, ready to explode with joy.

"Everyone, please go to your partners desk, and check the textbook for further explanation." The teacher said, bringing Varian back to reality.

Varian swore he could feel the girl's excitement from across the room. She skipped over to him, bouncing with pure joy.

She's probably a jumping drop of sun...

"Hi! My name is Rapunzel- wait you probably already know from the board."

Varian sent her the most deadpan stare he could make, beginning to open the textbook. Rapunzel didn't notice that, or didn't care, since she kept trying to talk to him.

"Ok," she said, opening her textbook, "what's your favorite color? Personally I think all the colors are awe-" "Can we just start the lab?" Varian cut in, obviously annoyed. Rapunzel nodded, cheerfully. "What's this?" she asked, pointing to a square on the , extremely confused.

"That's Oganesson, element 118 on the periodic table." he explained, not even looking up from the textbook. "Oh! The periodic table is the chart with all the elements right?" she asked, her eyes lighting up with the thought. Varian nodded, trying very hard to not roll his eyes.