Chapter 8: Friends?

They sat there, in the middle of the floor, holding a photo. An important photo.

"I did it..."

Their eyes began to water, their mouth drying up.

"I did another one...."

Sinking more into themself, they held the photo even harder.

They felt guilty last time... but it was nothing compared to this guilt. That guy brought that fate to himself. However, the other person.... Did nothing.

What were they doing?

They had to start making the other plan. Two more distractions until the first main killing.

They could do this.

The police were of no brother to them. This town was a failure, the justice system was broken, and the law barely even bat an eye. They'll probably label this night's death as one of the many gangs that live around here.

But of course, the police had to be good that one night.

They sighed. That day... was not a great day. It was awful, in fact. No, not even awful.

It was horrid.

They stood up, moving out of the position they put themself in.

Buzz

Their old phone pinged, its screen lighting up. Walking over, the phone binged once more.

The amazing Charlie: Hey, you there?

The amazing Charlie: I kinda need my gun back ;-;

[BLOCKED] sadly smiled, almost laughing at their friend's ignorance.

Little did they know what I did with it....

[BLOCKED]: Yeah, I have it.

The amazing Charlie: How was your hunting?

[BLOCKED] laughed a little. So innocent.

[BLOCKED]: Yeah, it was pretty great.

——The amazing Charlie was typing——

[BLOCKED]: Are you writing me a pity party?

The amazing Charlie: I'm doing it, and you can't stop me uwu

[BLOCKED]: Charlie, I'm fine

The amazing Charlie: Yeah, right

The amazing Charlie: You know what

[BLOCKED]: I'm scared to ask, but what are you going to do

The amazing Charlie: I'm coming to your house

[BLOCKED]: Char, I'm fine

The amazing Charlie: Even if you are "fine" I'm still coming over cause I need to get my gun.

Guess I can't argue with that.

[BLOCKED]: Fine, just don't host a pity party while you're at it

[BLOCKED] dropped the phone down, not even checking to see if it shattered. They hated lying like this to Charlie, but hey would have to get used to it. After all, how else are they going to lie to the cops?

They looked at the photo they had left on the ground while texting Charlie. [BLOCKED] quietly walked over, picking up the image.

Their finger moving across their bW90aGVy

I'll avenge you.

I wouldn't break my promise like they did

...

"Oh, Varian!" Rapunzel exclaimed, her expression lighting up. "Why didn't you come sooner?" Varian's mouth opened to speak, then got cut off by another's. "What are you doing here?" Cassandra asked, arms crossed. He shrunk a little.

"What Cass meant to say..." Rapunzel picked up, eyeing Cassandra. "Is that you are very welcomed here!" Cassandra rolled her eyes.

"Who is this kid?" A dark brown-haired boy asked. "I know everyone in this school, and I can't tell who the heck he is." Rapunzel glared at both of them.

"This is Varian!" She said, noticing that he was shrinking every second. "He was my science partner!" Eugene piped up again. "Yeah, but that doesn-"

DING

Cassandra looked up at the bell, smiling. "Finally, I can get out of here." She said, walking over to her locker. "Well, guess I'll see you never!" Eugene stated, walking the other way. "Isn't that the wrong way?" Rapunzel asked, making him stop.

"Oh, I know it is." Eugene said. "I'm just going to round the school. Might find some good things sashed away." He waved goodbye and moved down the hallway.

"I'm not sure what he meant by that...." She admitted. "But anyway! Have a good day, and..." Rapunzel bit her lip. "You do know they didn't mean those things about you, right?" Varian rolled his eyes.

"Of course, they didn't." He salty joked, before walking down the hall, leaving Rapunzel alone, with the rest of the students rushing out.

She sighed. There had to be a way to make them get along.... right?

What's this?

She reached down for a sticky note that was carelessly littered on the ground. She picked it up, walking over to the trash can... until an idea popped in her brain.

Maybe I could....

She ran through the empty halls, running to her locker. There were still some people lingering around, but most of them had left at that point.

Breaking open the locker, she quickly grabbed the sticky notes she left in case she ever needed it. Cass kept telling her that was stupid and telling her she should just get rid of it.

Oh boy, she was glad she kept it.

Quickly scribbling on the notes, she began folding them. Her mom was going to come at any moment now, and her father didn't really like her being late. Soon she was equipped with 4 notes, each one saying the same thing.

"Rapunzel?" Her mother's voice echoed through the halls. Everyone was gone at this point because, according to Cass, they wanted to escape this "Hell hole." Rapunzel never understood exactly why they called it a hell hole, or why they would want to escape from it, but she didn't judge.

"Rapunzel!" She heard her mom exclaimed, running to her. "Why.... What are you doing?" Her mother questioned, as she went in search for her friends locker.

"I'm inviting them to a cafe to eat!" Rapunzel shouted from down the hall. "On Tuesday!" Her mom laughed a little. Rapunzel's go lucky mood always reminded her of the life she had before resting. Full of chaos, fighting, and strangeness.

Rapunzel quickly ran the hall to her mom who was quietly waiting by the entrance. "Are you done?" Her mom asked. Rapunzel jumped up with joy. "Can you believe this!?" She exclaimed, her eyes twinkling. "I'll finally be able to do what the people on TV do! I'll finally be able to be normal!"

Arianna smiled at the innocent girl, not knowing the implications of the world. "Well, I think your father would approve of this." She said, opening the car door. "But you still need to go home."

Rapunzel's face lit even more up at the thought of her father possibly approving this event. She quickly sat in the car, hoping the night would pass by fast. She was vibrating at this point. Finally, she could be everyone else! As much as she liked standing out, she did want somethings in her life to be normal.

Maybe after I prove I can go to a cafe without any problems, dad might even let me have a sleepover!

This was going to be the best year of my life!

Little did she knew.

It would be the worst.