Chapter 3

"Pass it! Pass it!" Wade yells to Blake.

Blake fake throws the ball before he runs around Dalton, yelling. "Too slow!"

Dalton runs over toward Wade when Blake throws it.

"Touchdown!" Wade yells before watching it fly over his head.

It hits my foot before landing on the ground next to Nick's chair. I bite my lip and glance at Nick. He looks at me and gives me a look like- 'Are you okay?' I nod slightly and he looks back at Wade when he puts his hand up meaning 'throw it.' Nick just stares at him. Wade starts walking our way. Nick pats my leg softly causing me to stand up.

Nick stands up quickly, removing his hood and grabs the ball before throwing it far and hard at Blake.

"Nice arm. I can see why they gave you the scholarship." Wade says, glancing briefly at Nick.

"Wade." I say, warningly.

He knows that's a sore subject for Nick. I see Carly stand up from the fire and run over.

"Yeah. It's a real tragedy, ain't it?" Nick rolls his eyes, before turning to me.

He wraps an arm around my waist.

"Yeah. It is." Wade says, staring at us.

Carly touches Wade's arm. "Wade, help Dalton okay?"

Wade goes to say something when Carly cuts him off.

"Please?"

Wade sighs and turns away.

"Bye, Wade." Nick says, smartassly and waves.

"Asshole." Wade whispers before walking away.

"You can be a prick to me, that's fine. But he didn't do anything to you." Carly crosses her arms.

"So...you admit you did something?" Nick says, staring her down.

"I admit, according to you, I did something, sure." Carly says.

"You dimed me out!" Nick says.

He unwraps his arm from me and throws them out. Nick got arrested for stealing a car. I look away. I told them that he was with me most of the night so I gave him half an alibi. He came straight home after being released and told me exactly what happened. He could never lie to me, which I'm so fucking thankful for.

"I did not dime you out. When the sheriffs asked where you got the car, I said I didn't know. I didn't even know it was stolen. You're blaming that on me?" Carly asks, angrily.

"You could have covered for me, huh? Mel did!" Nick snaps slightly at her.

"She's your girlfriend! She's fucking you. Of course she's gonna cover for you." My eyes widen and before I can say anything, Carly continues. "You get caught stealing, it's my fault. You're resisting arrest and it's the cop's fault."

"Don't you dare say anything about Mel! She tried to fucking help me. And that asshole took a swing at me." Nick says glaring down at her.

Carly ignores him and says, "Get kicked off the football team and it's the coach's fault. Mom and Dad kick you out of the house, forcing you to move in with Mel, it's their fault. You can't keep a job for two weeks, it's every manager's fault."

Nick rolls his eyes. "Besides Mel, I'm surrounded by idiots."

"