Chapter 7

To Nick and Co:

Blake is driving while Paige is in the front, with Dalton, Carly and Nick in the back seat. In that order. They get to the highway but they get stuck in traffic. Dalton has his head back against his headrest and Carly is playing with her nails in the back seat, bored out of her mind. They sit there, just waiting when Nick speaks up.

"Dude, it's over." He says, leaning out the open window.

" He says, leaning out the open window

"It'll move." Blake says.

"It's not moving." Paige huffs, dropping her hand to look at Blake.

"We'll make the second half!" Blake says.

"I'm not sitting in this." Nick states as he peeks his head between the driver and passenger seats.

"What do you want me to do?" Blake says looking over at Nick.

"We have to go back. C'mon!" Paige whines.

"Turn around!" Nick says, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm not missing the best game of the year." Blake says, over the others.

"Turn the car around okay?" Nick says, as he starts to get agitated.

He just wants to get back to the campsite and spend some time with his girlfriend, hopefully fiancee. Hopefully she'll be back by the time they do.

"They're waiting for us already."Paige tries to reason.

Blake drops his head against the steering wheel a couple times, and on the second time, he lets his head rest against it,the horn sounds for a few seconds longer than a normal honk. After a few minutes, Blake decides to listen to the group and pulls off the highway. Blake drives back to the campsite.

The whole way back Blake is complaining about missing the game.

To Mel and Wade:

"Slow down, speedy." Wade jokes, walking forward a little faster to catch up with his sister.

"I just wanna get the fan belt and get back to Nick." She giggles.

Wade bumps his hips into her to laugh and he chuckles. Mel bends her leg backward to kick Wade in the ass causing him to laugh louder. He wraps an arm around her shoulder and they continue to walk. A bulletin board with about 15 signs catches Wade's eye as they walk.

 A bulletin board with about 15 signs catches Wade's eye as they walk