Chapter 10

To Mel and Wade

Wade walks out of the bathroom and looks to his left to see a room with the door open. He glances back down the hall before sneaking in the door. He walks to the desk to see something in a jar. He moves it to the light to see some kind of liquid. He puts it back down and looks at a baby fetus inside a small case.

He kneels slightly and moves it around before chuckling. Mel is still in the truck and sighs. She reaches and turns the key but doesn't turn the truck all the way on. She tries the radio but sighs when nothing comes through. She turns it off again and leans back, crossing her arms. Wade looks around the room some more.

He walks to a broken frame hanging on the wall, to see it is a doctor degree for a Sinclair. He can't read the first name. He glances up more to see wax masks lining the top shelves. He follows them until he gets to the end. He reaches up and feels one. It is indeed wax. He glances toward the door before continuing to the next part of the room.

He quickly opens a curtain that was hiding the rest of the room. He glances around to see a hospital bed with straps across it. He walks forward to the medical instruments. He picks up a strange looking one and starts to turn the wheel after hitting it against the palm of his hand. Mel sighs and gets out of the truck.

Wade should have been done pissing by now. She walks to the stairs of the porch and tries to look in the house but it's too dark for her to see. She leans against the stone railing and crosses her arms. Wade should have been back. It's been a good ten minutes. It's already dark outside and she knows Nick is worried about her.

She glances back at the truck but quickly turns when she sees something she hoped to have never seen again. The head light is busted...In the exact place where Nick threw the beer bottle last night. Mel runs over to the drivers side of the truck and opens the door. She pushes hard down on the horn, having it blare loudly.

Wade jumps as he hears the horn from the truck outside. He quickly puts down the medical instrument and walks toward the door. Before he makes it halfway, all the lights in the room shut off. He starts feeling around the room and makes it to the door. He tries to open it but it's locked. He bangs on the door.

"Hello!?" He yells.

He continues to bang on it when he hears the truck horn blare again.

"Hello! I'm in the wrong room! Hello!" He bangs harder.

Unknowing to Wade, a trap door in the room opens. He bangs on the door once more. A man climbs out of the trap door and quietly walks up behind Wade. The man brings up a weapon and hits Wade in the head. He falls to the ground and tries to crawl away, since the hit didn't knock him out like the man figured.

Wade tries to look around the room as his eyes get used to the darkness. He looks up when he hears footsteps and tries to crawl away but he hits some boxes in his way. The man Mel saw earlier in the window tilts his head as he watches Wade.

"Please." Wade tries to say.

The man doesn't care about what Wade has to say, and kicks him in the face, causing Wade to go unconscious.