Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Do not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, display or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of this story in any way. Please obtain permission.

                                               ---

             I'M wearing a red sultry dress that is included in my latest collection and my long-wavy raven hair falls perfectly behind my back, I made myself look pretty decent today. I walked pass through the entrance when I showed them my identification card and I was welcomed by the loud sound of the stereos. I'm here in a bar located in Tagaytay to meet my cousins; we chose this place because we wanted to try something new. We've been to all of the bars in our place so might as well go somewhere we've never been to. I scanned the place as I walked; it has a really nice view of the Tagaytay Lake and the Taal Volcano. I rolled my eyes when I saw that almost every man in the room is looking at me with their eyes full of desire, disgusting imbeciles. These guys assume that I'm wearing this dress to seduce them but no, I dress-up to feel good and I am a fashion-designer, I'm just in love with anything that is about fashion.

"Lissandra pipi! Here!" I saw my very balasubas na cousin, Yesenia. She's a sweet girl that has a very bastos mouth like she talks talks so bara-bara like mahirap eww. She called me pipi? What the hell.

"You're so nakakahiya Yesenia! How many times do I have to tell you that you should atleast act desente?" I said while I beso her cheeks. Did you notice the way I talk? Yes, I'm conyo. Lissandra Levine, the conyo-fashion designer.

"Well, you're so maarte mag-salita Lissandra. Should I bunot your bulbol?"She said. I gasped in disbelief, why do I have a balahurang cousin? She even mimicked the way I talk. She laughed at my reaction and started pulling me.

"Tara na kina Tarub, nasa VIP room sila."She's pertaining to Wess, her older brother and yes, she calls him burat. Muntik na me mapa-face palm but I just have to accept her besides, all of us have our sariling way to express ourselves.

"Tarub! Lissandra is here!"Yesenia shouted right-after we entered the room. I make kaway to my other cousins. Wess went beside Yesenia as I walk towards the upuan.

"Tarub pala ha! Gobas na loblobin ka naman!" Wess said habang he make sakal of Yesenia using his arms while he is behind her. I don't know why they make baligtad their words pa like eww. Well, I guess it's the same with how conyo I am pala so nevermind.

"Kuya Lander help me! Layo mo sakin tong tarub na to!" Yesenia asked help from her other brother. I'm watching them as I inom the scotch that my other cousin gave me. Lander stood up and tulong Yesenia.

"Thanks kuya, efas na ako."

"Efas?"

"Efas."

She meant safe, we just laughed at them. I do have a crazy family but I really love them.

         WE had so much fun, we danced and inom-inom a lot until we're wasted. Well, I'm still sober unlike my cousins. It's so nakakatawa nga because Wess and Yesenia were so wasted like they are almost hugging the toilet bowl as they suka like eww. I called the guy named Hyron to take them home and as I recalled Yesenia sabi to me that she's making ligaw to that guy. I don't know, like bahala sya sa life niya. Anyways, I have to go na because my cousins are such mahihinang nilalang. I immediately went out of the bar and I'm kind of naiilang because I felt like someone is following me that's why I almost ran to my car and when I already sat on the driver's seat, my phone rang.

"LISSANDRA! DON'T GO HOME! GO SOMEWHERE SAFE, JUST PLEASE STAY AWAY FOR NOW!" It was my mom, she's talking like someone is running after her. I can hear that she's panting.

"Is there something wrong mom?" I tried so hard to make my voice sound calm but I actually got really nervous because of the tone of my mom's voice.

"SOMEONE SHOT YOUR DAD! PLEASE STAY AWAY FOR NOW!"

"WHAT?! WHERE'S RYKE?! WHO DID THIS TO DAD? ARE YOU SAFE?" I freaked out. I heard gunshots and cries from the background. My hands felt weak and I can't stop it from shaking.

"YOUR BROTHER IS WITH ME. THE ONE WHO DID THIS TO US IS JU-" that was the last thing I heard from my mom. What she's trying to say was interrupted by a gunshot and I heard a loud sound that sounds like something heavy fell on the floor. My phone fell from my hand; I could still hear the loud sound of the gunshots from it. I couldn't stop the tears that are rolling down to my cheeks. Earlier, everything was still fine. I even kissed my parents on their cheeks before I went out. Who would even do this to my family? Are they after our money? What is it? Who did this to us? Is my family safe? I have so many questions running in my mind as I keep slaming my manibela. It felt like my mind is going blank. I felt numb.

I went back to my senses when I heard gunshots which are not coming from my phone. I looked outside of my window and I was horrified when the window in the passenger's seat broke. Someone shot my window and these guys must be the one who are after my family! I dali-daling binuhay ang makina and drove away from the bar. It's still 3 am in the morning, wala masyadong sasakyan that's why I drove so fast. I need to get away from here; I need to go somewhere safe. I won't disappoint my mom, I will live for her and I'm going to find those criminals.

-----------------------------

I dedicate this to the people that I love and those who supported me. Hello Justine Delos Angeles Alias Btea! I hope that you'll enjoy this, thank you for being such a great friend. Enjoy reading!