Chapter 4

EVERYTHING felt normal. It's like we have known each other for a long time. He prepared the dinner for us while I make kwento of everything that has happened to me. It felt like he's a kuya that is always willing to protect his sibling. I have always yearned for an older brother but I turned out to be the panganay.

"Alam mo ba. My father is the best dad ever but he wanted me to marry his bestfriend's son who turns out to be my bestfriend too like I don't want kaya, eww. I already saw June's putotoy kaya when we were in kindergarten, maitim yung egg nya like eww. Tapos I have this cousin named Yesenia who is very bastos. She even calls her brothers tarub." I made kwento of the funny things that I experienced.

He seems to enjoy my stories as he luto our dinner, he often laugh naman. Doesn't he feel hot wearing that mask while cooking? I don't want to ruin his mood that's why I didn't bother to ask him about it na lang.

"Tapos na." He said after he's done cooking our dinner – he said that it is tinola then, he prepared the utensils and plates. I want to make tulong kaya lang I'll probably just be a pahirap. Ver made sandok of everything for me. I sat on the table expecting him to seat beside me kaso he took his plate towards the salas. It hit me; he doesn't want to show me his face nga pala and he can't eat without removing the mask. I ate my food silently na lang. I was startled when I heard a kalansing of utensils behind me. He's already done eating.

"Tapos kana?" He asked. I looked at him and nod. He gathered the plate that I used. I watched him silently as he made hugas of it.

He spoke while washing the dishes. "I think it's getting pretty late. I will help you change your bandages then you can go to sleep."

"Okay, I will go na sa room." I slowly got up. I'm still not used with the saklay. When, I was already walking I remembered something. I turned around.

"Where do you sleep nga pala?" I asked.

"On the sofa, the room you're using is the only room here." I suddenly felt guilty because of his reply. How is that possible? He's so tall, how could he possibly fit on that sofa.

I bit my lip, feeling so guilty. "I'm sorry." I've been such a burden to this man. I'll try to help him once my legs healed.

"I told you that it's fine, go ahead and wait for me to finish this." He doesn't seem to be bothered. I want to thank God for letting me meet this man despite doubting his plans for me because of what happened to my family. I know that the only thing that I know about Ver is his name but I really feel that he's a good man.

"Okay." I went straight to his room and sat on the bed. I waited for him to come.

The door opened, it's him holding a box. He sat beside me. "Palitan na natin yang bandages mo. Pwede ka maglinis ng parte na walang gasa pag-katapos saka wag mo kalimutan na hindi pwede mabasa yung parteng may sugat." He said.

I nodded my head. "Okay." He gently palit the bandages and put some ointment on the affected areas. It's like he is babysitting me, sobra-sobra ang ginagawa nya for me kahit we just recently met each other and it looks like he's avoiding others pa. Natapos na sya sa pag-papalit ng bandages ko. He stood up.

"Para sayo lahat ng gamit na nasa kahon saka pwede mong gamitin ang mga damit ko sa aparador." Pag-kasabi nya nito ay pumunta sya agad sa pinto right-away. He pindot the lock at nilapat na ang pinto pagka-labas nya. He locked the door even there's only the two of us. I smiled because of his gestures, he's such a gentleman.

I looked at what's inside the box. It has everything that a woman needs, even a blower. I kuha everything that I need put it inside a pouch so I can easily buhat it towards the bathroom. I cleaned myself; I looked so chararat pala kanina my chinita eyes are mugtong-mugto because of all the crying I did and my lips are so pale tapos I remembered my uhog that made kapit pa on Ver's shirt, eww. When did I become so dugyot and chararat. Yesenia will probably laugh at me once she sees my face.

I went out of the bathroom and started looking for some clothes to wear. I chose a navy blue shirt in his closet and a black boxer. The shirt looked like a dress on me, it made me look like a jejemon and the boxer is too big that's why it's like a loose short on me. The box that he gave me has packs of underwear naman so I felt comfortable.

I was slowly walking with lundag because of the saklay towards the bed when my eyes landed on a broken frame on the top of the dresser. Nakatumba ito kaya hindi ko agad nanoticed. I looked at it. There are three people on the photo, two handsome guys wearing military uniform with a girl sa gitna na mukhang mahinhin.

Nilapit ko ang frame sa face ko, my chinita eyes widened when I saw that one of the guys has a pair of green-eyes. It is Ver! He looked devilish with his defined jawline, hooded eyes, thick eyebrows, red lips and pair of dimples that made him angelic at the same time. I knew it! He is handsome, super duper handsome! Why would he hide this kind of face?

Napalabi ako, sobrang kuryoso kung anong meron. I scanned the photo, my jaw dropped when I saw that he was holding the girl's hand. He has a girlfriend?! Well, judging his looks impossible ngang wala. I glanced at the other guy; hmm he is handsome too but his eyes looks like he's gagawa ng masama. Why is this frame broken? Maybe nahulog niya?