Girl In New Orleans

Marcel stared down at the grey desiccated face of the handsome Elijah Mikaelson with a frown on his face as he knelt down next to the coffin the Original was lying lifeless in. He glanced over his shoulder at the young witch that was staring out of the church attic window at the French Quarter with a longing expression on her pretty face and he sighed a little in defeat because he knew that he was in part to blame for her melancholy.

"This sucker's resilient. He's like a cockroach in a suit." He uttered quietly as he looked back down at the corpse of the oldest Mikaelson and tilted his head to the side in consideration before pushing himself to his feet. "Doesn't matter. Time to give ol' Elijah back to Klaus, anyway."

"You asked me to figure out a way to kill the Originals. I'm not done! The silver dagger hurts them, but that's it." Davina protested in a hard tone as she turned around to face him with a frown on her face and he sighed heavily as he crossed his arms over his broad chest.

"Davina, we've been through this. Klaus saved my life, I owe him one. Since he wants his brother back- " Marcel trailed off with a pointed look in her direction as he offered her a small smile and she huffed in annoyance as she looked away from him.

Davina couldn't help but feel a little discouraged that she hadn't been able to find a way to help Marcel by finding a way to kill the Old Ones. She had all this magical energy flowing through her veins but she was completely hopeless to control it and it was times like this that she missed having someone that understood the electricity that came from using magic.

The last eight months had been incredibly lonely for her as she sat up in the church attic with no one but Marcel to speak to and no knowledge of the outside world other than letters that she had gotten from Imogen every month.

"Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street Music Festival. I wanna go. Please?" Davina asked desperately as she looked back at the dark skinned vampire with wide pleading blue eyes and she grasped her hands in front of her in a begging motion.

"The whole point of you being up here is so you're never spotted out there. You know who works smack in the middle of Dauphine Street? Sophie Deveraux. Pain-in-the-ass witch and you know what the witches will do to you if they find you."

"But you control the witches. Make her go away!" She exclaimed angrily as she stepped closer to him with her arms thrown out to the side in frustration and Marcel shook his head at her sadly in rejection as she pouted. "Marcel, its one night!"

"I said 'No'." Marcel told her firmly as he looked her right in the eye so she would know that he wasn't kidding around and tried to ignore the guilt he felt in his stomach as he saw her blue eyes dull slightly. He turned his back on her as he began walking towards the door that lead out of the attic and Davina stiffened in anger as she lifted her chin defiantly in the air with a blank expression on her pretty face.

"I do anything you say, but sometimes I think you forget what I'm capable of. Did you know I can make someone's blood boil? All I have to do is focus." The young witch said confidently as she narrowed her bluish green eyes at the back of his head and imagined his blood bubbling to a boiling point.

Marcel felt his entire body start to burn as he froze in shock at the door to the attic and he squeezed his eyes closed in agony as he felt his knees go weak but he stayed standing. He looked down at his hand and saw that it was covered in sweat from the heat coming from his blood as he heard a faint hiss from inside his body.

Davina smirked in satisfaction as he slowly turned around to face her with a pained expression on his handsome face and she narrowed her blue eyes at him as she quirked an eyebrow.

"Fine. We compromise, all right?" he ground out in between his teeth as he gave her a tight smile and she loosed the grasp on her magic so that it wasn't harming him anymore. Marcel sighed in relief slightly as he looked at her proudly for standing up for herself and he had to smirk at the resemblance between Davina and another young witch with blue eyes. "You going out alone-too dangerous. But, you wanted to see Imogen, right?"