A Drop In The Ocean, A Change In The Weather

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude”

– Maya Angelou

Change could be the start of something extraordinary, something you never could have imagined happening but now couldn’t live without, or it could end up being your downfall, thing that brings you to your knees begging for the end to come swiftly.

It was Sun Tzu who once said, if you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles but Imogen was afraid, she was terrified what this new change in the French Quarter would mean for her little sister. It was one thing to dance with the devil she knew, but something else entire to freely place Davina’s safety into the hands of who called himself the devil in disguise.

It hadn’t taken long for the news that Niklaus Mikaelson had defeated and taken over the role of King from Marcel to sweep across the supernatural community of New Orleans. Imogen had numerous voicemails, text messages and emails from her contacts within the human faction, the vampires and even a couple of reluctant witches letting her know about the change regime.

There was an upside to the Original Hybrid becoming the new King of the Quarter in Imogen’s opinion, and it would have been foolish of her not to look for a silver lining in the situation. Klaus was the most powerful creature of the planet since he was the Original Hybrid and she was willing to use every means to keep her sister safe from the witches, even form an alliance with a homicidal vampire. Imogen knew that if she didn’t seek out allies in times of semi-peace then you would end up isolated and weak in times of crisis, and she refused to be weak.

And that was why Imogen Clare was currently waiting in an office The Abattoir, the place that the vampires used as their primary residence in the Quarter after sweet talking her way past some nightwalkers she was friendly with during Marcel’s reign.

Despite having been to The Abattoir a number of times since being introduced to Marcel, and a few times before during her more rebellious phases, she had never seen that particular office before. The furniture was all expensive antiques that had probably been purchased brand new, it was exactly what you would expect a king’s office to look like and she couldn’t help but smirk to herself as she strolled over to the bookcase at the side of the room. Her fingers ran over the old perfectly preserved book covers, disrupting the dust that had settled and pulled one out at random as she tilted her head to the side curiously.

“I was told you seek an audience with the King.” A familiar British accented voice stated from the doorway to the office as they closed the door behind them and Imogen looked over at them with a smirk on her lips as she slid the book back onto the shelf. “Very bold.”

“You’re speaking in third person now, Klaus?” Imogen asked him in amusement as she tilted her head to the side with seriousness in her blue eyes and she watched cautiously as he sauntered over to the chaise longue on the other side of the room.

“How can I help you this evening, Imogen?” he asked her politely with an edge of impatience in his voice as he sunk down on the comfortable couch and threw his arm lazily over the arm as he placed one ankle on the opposite knee.