All's Fair in Love & War

Do you guys enjoy reading this fanfic?

~Y/n's POV~

"WHAT?!" Was all I could say.

Seriously?! Was she out of her mind?

"Hang on, I was just joking--" Twilight had hugged me tight. So tight that I could barely breathe.

"I...can't...breathe.." Twilight then let go of me.

"Sorry. But I meant what I said. You should run for Princess of the Fall Formal." Everyone else nodded in agreement.

I looked at her uneasily.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'm a new student and you guys probably have a better chance at winning."

"We're sure. Besides, Sunset knows our weaknesses except yours, so you're the perfect candidate."

Rainbow said reassuringly.

"I don't know.."

I had low self-esteem issues. I was not confident at all.

"Please?" All the girls gave their best puppy eyes.

I knew there was no winning this.

"*Sigh* Fine--"

I got engulfed into a group hug.

"Why is it important that I win Princess of the Fall Formal anyway?"

They all looked at me like I said something wrong.

"Do you really prefer that Sunset Shimmer win when she's the biggest bully/meanest person in the world?"

Apple Jack said in a matter of fact way.

I rolled my eyes.

"Please. Where I'm from, I've dealt with much worse. In fact, this 'Sunset' girl sounds like a piece of cake." I said with confidence as I sipped my drink.

Twilight eyed me curiously. "If you've dealt with much worse than Sunset.. Where are you from?"

That sentence caught me so off guard I spitted my drink on Twilight's face.

Luckily Rarity immediately came to the rescue. Probably because she didn't want Twilight's outfit to be ruined.

"Sorry.." I said sheepishly.

"What you said was just..unexpected." I scratched the back of my neck.

"I'll say." Twilight rolled her eyes.

I shrugged. "Well, to answer your question..I'm from Crystal Prep--"

All of my friends (except Twilight) spitted their drinks simultaneously.

"Huh?!"

"My dear!"

"What?!"

"Are you sure?"

"No way!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose. I hated explaining things.

"--as I was saying. I got expelled for something I didn't do, but I'm glad that I got expelled. I'll never see those terrible excuse of a human being again."

They seemed to understand where I'm coming from. Well..almost all of them.

"Why were you guys so shocked? I thought ponies--I mean students-- from Crystal Prep and Canterlot High got along." Twilight said like she's actually been at Crystal Prep before.

I hit my head on the table in frustration.

Like I said I hated explaining things.

"Someone please tell me she doesn't live under a rock." I groaned.