Rival's Shot

I was so confused. My mom? And Flash? Before I could comprehend what was happening my mom ran over to me and hugged me.

"Oh thank goodness you're alright."

I looked at her in bewilderment. "Mom, what's going on?" She looked at me in sadness. "Sweetie. She knows."

This made me stare at her in disbelief. "No...it can't be.." I faced Vice Principal Luna.

"Please, you have to believe me. Whatever you heard, I didn't do it." Twilight and Flash were now staring at me in confusion.

"Miss y/n, I have been told that this incident was the reason you were expelled from Crystal Prep. Is it not?" She said in a firm and intimidating manner. 

I couldn't speak. I just..froze. It was like there was something preventing me to speak as flashbacks from my bullied past were resurfacing in my mind.

"Yes. But not for the reason you might think." My mom finally answered for me. 

"I believe the question was for y/n." Luna glared at my mom for interrupting.

Then she sighed. "Alright, Flash and Twilight, excuse us for a moment. But don't think you're off the hook yet Twilight." She waved her hand dismissively.

"Wait. I have proof that Twilight's innocent. I found these in the trash can in the library." Flash gave her two photographs of Twilight. One was of Twilight trashing the gym, and another was a cut out picture of Twilight playing soccer.

"Someone obviously combined these photos to make it look like Twilight was the one who destroyed the gym." Luna inspected the photos and placed them together to form the picture of Twilight kicking a soccer ball.

"I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, Flash." She then sat on her chair and faced Twilight. "In light of this new information, you may of course still attend the ball and you will no longer have suspension."

Twilight's eyes light up and she rushed to Flash and hugged him. I felt like I had stepped on glass. "Thank you! You have no idea how important this is to me." Twilight said gratefully.

After realizing what she had done, she pulled away from him and looked at me with a small smirk. I just rolled my eyes, not wanting to give her the satisfaction of me hurting. The whole thing seemed to go unnoticed by everyone else. Including Flash.

"Well what was I supposed to do? Not prove your innocence? Wouldn't be much of a Canterlot Wondercolt, would I?" He said as he got closer to Twilight, who was a blushing mess.

Regardless of how I felt, as long as he was happy, I wouldn't stand in his way. Him and I were just...not meant to be, yet I feel like there was this burden as heavy as bricks.

"I'm afraid that enough damage has been done to the gym that we will have to postpone the dance until tomorrow night. If you will excuse me, I need to let my sister know of this latest development. Y/n, in the meantime, please wait and stay put."

As soon as she left, Twilight started, "So..I was wondering..if you weren't already going with somebody..wanna go to the fall formal with me tomorrow night?"

My heart sank. I was feeling all sorts of emotions.

So he actually likes her.

Twilight was blushing but Flash looked a bit...hesitate. He placed his palm on the back of his neck as he nervously answered, "Oh! Um, sure?"

After getting the response she wanted, she grabbed his hand and left the office, leaving me and my mom. "Wow, that girl's got guts."

I sighed, "Yep..just perfect." A few minutes later Miss Luna came. "So. Please explain how exactly you got expelled."

Gosh I have the worst update schedule lmao BUT recently I started to write on my computer, and lemme tell ya the noise the keyboard makes when I'm typing is satisfying lol so I might work faster who knows xD Also I'm well aware that my titles suck so if you're having trouble with this one it's basically Twilight shooting her shot on Flash. Hope you have a great day! <3

Word Count: 705