Ready By Tonight

I haven't touched this in literally forever. Also, thank you for those who supported and loved this book while this was on hiatus <3

Word Count: 1079✰

(y/n's pov)

I went back into Rarity's boutique, feeling proud and strong after the conversation with Sunset Shimmer. "Sorry for walking out on you guys like that. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Twilight's a magical pony princess from another dimension." Twilight nodded. "It's fine, the only thing you missed is that we need to get the Fall Formal ready by tonight."

I stare at her surprised, "And how are we supposed to accomplish that?"

"...I have no idea."

Silence.

"DUDE WHAT THE HECK-"

{Time-skip to when they got to the gymnasium}

We all stare in shock at the damaged property. "I simply cannot believe they did all this." Rarity said. "Well I can." I replied blankly. Twilight stepped up and looked around, eyes full of hope. "I know it seems impossible but..." I walked up to her and gently took her hand. "Maybe if we all work together?"

Apple Jack smiled, "Now that's the kind of can-do spirit I'm looking for in a Fall Formal Princess. Let's do it y'all!" She held out her hand.

"Absolutely!" Rarity placed her hand on top of hers, and later so did everyone else until it was just me left. "Ugh, fine." I said sourly but a smirk escaped my lips as I placed my hand on top of everyone else.

Twilight went to the janitor's closet and took out multiple broomsticks for each of us while Spike and I brought out a bucket.

Twilight throws the broomsticks at us to catch one by one. Rainbow Dash catches it and shows off (obviously), Apple Jack's face was full of determination as she caught it.

Rarity looked disgusted as she caught the broomstick, while Pinkie Pie smiled so hard I think her cheeks hurt as she caught the broomstick. As for Flutter Shy, well, she just turned around on instinct and let the broom hit her head. Later, I grabbed a broom as well and we all started sweeping away all the trash.

Once all the trash was cleaned up, we all did separate tasks. Twilight's was to take away the broken table but... she had some trouble. Luckily, two athletes saw her struggling and helped her out.

I giggled as I saw the athletes' shocked faces when Apple Jack was carrying a table by herself. Pinkie Pie was now using her hair instead of her broom to sweep the floor.

Rarity, Flutter Shy, and I threw our streamers, hanged them on the ceiling and braided them. A bunch of fashionistas saw us and joined in the fun. Later, a roll of streamers were caught by an eco-guy, and soon everyone was having fun while helping.

A techie and an athlete were now carrying a sound-box. A guy was nearly about to fall trying to place the lights on, so I ran over and steadied the ladder he was on. Thankfully, he didn't fall and I gave him a thumbs up.

Soon, everything was complete and I felt,,, hopeful. Maybe people who seem different could come together after all.

As my friends and I looked around what used to look like a chaotic mess turned into a beautiful masterpiece, Pinkie Pie yelled, "This. Looks. So. Good!!!"

Principal Celestia clapped to get everyone's attention, "Alright everyone! Fall Formal is back on for this evening." Everyone cheered and applauded. "So you better get outta here and start getting ready. Oh, and don't forget to cast your ballots for Fall Formal Princess on the way out."

Everyone lined up and cast their votes. "You got my vote, y/n." A guy smiled at me as he placed his vote as did the other voters. "Thank you!" Wow. People were actually voting for me to be the Fall Formal Princess. No pressure, right?

(3rd pov)

While everyone was starting to leave the room, no one noticed the girl with crimson and bright yellow hair and her two minions in the supply closet watching the whole thing. She then turned to her minions with an intimidating stare. "You're lucky Twilight and y/n were able to pull that off. Next time I ask you to make a mess of things, try to show a little more restraint." Snips and Snails looked at Sunset with fear as they gulped.

"I need this Formal to go on tonight just as much as she does." She gave an evil smile.

(back to y/n's pov)

After working our butts off for the Fall Formal, we finally left the gymnasium. As we all walked out, I saw Flash waiting for me. I looked to Twilight to see if she was okay with it. She sighed sadly but nodded. "You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." They all gave me knowing smirks and I tried not to blush.

"Finally, now I have you to myself." Heat rose to my cheeks as I tried to brush off the playful tone in his voice. "Okok! I get it, I'm a busy lady." He grinned as he pulled me into a hug. "I'm just messing with you. I'm really glad you're here." I smiled as I hugged him back. "Me too."

"And know that even if you don't win Princess of the Fall Formal, you'll always be my princess." This made me push him away as laughter consumed me. "Flash Sentry! When did you get so cheesy?!" He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Sorry."

"Aw, you're blushing!" I cooed at him. "What?! I'm not!" Unfortunately for Flash, the redness in his cheeks said otherwise. "Wow, real smooth. But don't worry, I don't kiss and tell." This made him blush harder. "Well, I gotta get ready and so do you. See ya!" I gave him a peck on the cheek and dashed (uwu) off to meet the girls. "Y-yea. See you."

Later, I saw the girls hanging around the statue. "Hey girls! So! Where are we going?" Rainbow Dash gave me a smirk. "Well someone sure took their time." I stuttered out "T-that's not m-my fault! And you didn't answer the question!" Rarity giggled. "Come on now, Rainbow Dash, don't tease her like that. As for your question y/n, we're going to my boutique!"

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝! 💕💐