🏐 | the game ♡

[Oikawa's POV]
"W-what?" I did a double take, "(F/N)-CHAN YOU HIT THE CORNER? HOW DID YOU DIRECT A SERVE THAT HAS SO MUCH POWER? ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN?"

It was a little off, more towards the inside of the court but it was basically accurate. And that was only her second serve of the day. Consider me impressed - I'll have whatever she's on, I mean, I doubt that she's on drugs. Or is she?

She laughs, "I've spent a lot of time perfecting my serves. I can do really strong jump serves but my jump float serves aren't as good."

"With that talent, you can score so many service aces. Oikawa, imagine her in a game." Iwaizumi says beside me.

"Chibi-chan," I smile as I run up to her, "what position do you play? Are you good at anything else?"

"Actually I-" she started to say, but was cut off by the annoying voices of Karasuno High School.

"Boke, Hinata, Boke! Why do you drool every time you fall asleep?! You would've been dead by now if Daichi wasn't between us!"

"I'm sorry, Kageyama! It's not my fault, I always dream of food and stuff, it makes me hungry!"

They're a loud bunch, aren't they? I could recognise their voices from miles away, Hinata Shouyou and Kageyama Tobio: the duo with the freak quick attack.

"(F/N)-chan, do you maybe want to talk after the game? I'd love to get to know you a little more, and I still have a few questions." I blurted out.

Why am I so nervous? She's just another girl. A really pretty, talented, caring, funny- stop. I barely know (F/N), why is my brain acting like this?

"Yeah sure, I was planning on spectating the game anyway. So you better play well, senpais, I'm watching you!" she pats me on the back.

"We'll try, (F/N). Come on, Crappykawa, let's line up." Iwaizumi pulls me towards the rest of our team as he waves goodbye to (F/N).

"Iwa-chan, (F/N) is really cool!"

Hajime tried to hide it but I could see a little blush on his cheeks, "Yeah, cooler than you."

"Iwa-chan! I hate you!"

"Good for you."

[Your POV]
Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san are really nice, but Oikawa is definitely more energetic. I didn't really get to see them play before they ran off but that's fine, I'll see them in action.

I tossed my hood over my head to make sure nobody saw me and I took a seat next to Coach Irihata, after asking for his permission.

Karasuno was a noisy group, especially the shorter kid with bright orange hair. He reminded me of an orange or a tangerine. He was running all over the place with so much energy - he should really be saving it for the match.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, "(F/N), do you see the small boy running around with the orange hair? He's the player I was talking about. His name is Hinata Shouyou. He jumps almost as high as you do."

"Oh, okay. Thank you, Coach. It'll be fun to see everyone in game."

So he's the guy that's like me? He definitely has the speed, from what I can tell.

The whistle blows to signify the start of the game, everybody was in their positions.

Oikawa's a setter and Iwaizumi-san is a wing spiker, I guess that explains the screaming from earlier. Oh, and the short stack is a middle blocker, that's interesting choice. I mean, I can't really say much because we're basically the same height and I've played that position before but stiLL. Being a short middle blocker is hard, especially because people underestimate you all the time - I just use that to power my hate fuel.