🏐 | "it feels like butterflies"

[Your POV]
"I...We were just wondering if we could walk with you?"

I step back in shock, "O-oh! Of course!"

"I'm sorry if we interrupted you, (F/N)! Tsuki just thought you might not want to walk alone!" Yamaguchi grins.

I smile back at them, "That's really sweet of you, Tsukishima. And you too, Yamaguchi."

Tsukishima stayed quiet, listening to his own music.

"Is he always like this?"

"Yeah, especially when he's stressed, or tired, or angry... or any time really."

The three of us walked down from school towards Sakanoshita, Yamaguchi and I talked along the way. He told me about the story of how he met Tsukishima, apparently Yamaguchi was being teased by some kids and Tsukishima saved him. Is Tsuki actually a super nice guy that has trouble showing it?

Yamaguchi glances at me, "Hey um... (F/N)?"

"What's up?"

"I was just wondering... why are you so nice to everyone even though you barely know us?"

"That's a good question. I'm not too sure, I think it's because I don't know what everyone is going through so I treat them the way that I'd like to be treated. Which is with kindness."

"I think that's super cool of you!" he beams, "Sometimes people approach me just to talk about Tsuki-" he sighs in my direction.

I nod as he explains, "-and Tsuki's a great guy but I just want people to talk to me because they want to talk to me, do you get what I mean?"

"Yeah, I do. And for the record, I think you're really awesome, Yamaguchi. You deserve to know that."

"Thanks," blush starts to creep onto his face, "Well, I need to buy a couple things from the store."

He points to Sakanoshita, "It'll probably take me a while. You guys can start heading home. Thanks for walking with me!"

(let's pretend he's wearing his school uniform 😌)"Oh- are you sure? I can wait, I really don't mind

"Oh- are you sure? I can wait, I really don't mind." I offer, but he declines.

"I'll see you guys at school tomorrrow. Bye!" he waves us away as he enters the shop.

Tsukishima walks ahead of me.

"Tsuki- do you mind if I call you that? I can keep calling you Tsukishima, if you're more comfortable with-"