🏐 | gossip and threats

Each and every day of the week was hectic, which was to be expected since Summer break starts next week. And with Summer break comes the infamous training camp.

After your plans during the weekend, the whole team wanted all the details, but you didn't give them any and neither did Sugawara. Well, maybe you spilled a few details to Yachi and Kiyoko because girl-talk, you know? And maybe Sugawara told Daichi and Asahi a few things too, just maybe.

Anyway, you both blushed profusely when the rest of the team accused you of going out on a date.

"We were just hanging out!" Suga defends.

You nod, "Yeah! Friends hang out, it's normal!"

They all pretended to move on, some of the guys thought it was cool while others, not naming anyone in particular, weren't as happy. Let's just say Sugawara received quite a few jealous glares.

You didn't tell anyone about what happened with Oikawa because you thought it was a more private matter; it's better kept to yourself. And you knew for a fact that any details or tea that you tell the team (especially Tanaka and Nishinoya) will eventually make its way around the school as gossip. So, of course, it didn't surprise you when some girls started pointing fingers and talking about you in the halls the next morning. Someone even left a note on your desk saying, "step away from Sugawara."

News spreads fast.

Other than that, Hinata and Kageyama are still on pretty bad terms, you hope they'll be okay for the training camp; the training camp that you've actually packed for, somewhat. If literally throwing clothes in a bag, in an extremely unorganised manner, is 'packing'.

It's Thursday. Nearly the end of the week. Since the week started, you've been eating lunch with the third years, they're way more fun than you expected, sometimes you even walk to school with them in the morning, that is if you remember to wake up early enough.

Daichi always asks you about your classes and if anyone is annoying you, Suga constantly gives you food if he thinks you haven't eaten enough, and Asahi is frequently worriedly asking you questions. They treat you like their child but you wished they'd treat you like an equal. It's not too bad though, free food, right?

On top of your new lunch escapades, you've actually been talking to Oikawa more often just to check in and see how he's doing. Sometimes he Facetimes you while he's at practice so you can talk to the other Seijoh guys. Coach Irihata has even asked you to visit them which you're genuinely considering. Other times the call is just between you and Oikawa, Iwaizumi joins in every now and then too.

You started to pack up after another practice session, most of the practices this week had you on the bench writing notes, giving the guys tips, or helping Coach Ukai plan future game strategies. Nothing too physical, and nothing that involves you playing on court that much, much to your dismay.

Before you could leave the gym, Ukai called out your name, "Play tomorrow. On court. You've helped the team a lot and I know you want to play."

You stare at him with wide eyes, "R-Really? Awesome! Thanks, Coach!"

You thanked him one more time and waved him goodbye as you exited the gym doors. Tsuki and Yamaguchi waited for you outside, walking with them has kind of become a tradition. The walks usually consist of conversations between you and Yamaguchi, and Tsuki's occasional sarcastic remark.

"Thanks for waiting for me again today. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Night, Tsuki! Yamaguchi!" you say as the blonde boy and his best friend disappear further into the quiet streets.