🏐 | "we're here" ♡

The next morning was uneventful. Nothing happened that was worth retelling. Your dad suggested that you offer a visit to Park-san's gym and so you did. You practiced a few beam and bar skills, nothing too intense, just things to ensure you hadn't completely lost your touch, especially after not doing any gymnastics activities for around two weeks. Volleyball club was taking up more and more of your time, well that and hanging out with your friends and bumping into strangers.

After a few hours, you headed home and double checked all your luggage because the team was finally leaving for the training camp the next evening. Everything was ready, and you didn't forget to place a couple books in your bags, just in case you get bored or struggle to fall asleep. Both of which seem inevitable.

Just as you were about to fall asleep your phone rang.

[Incoming call from kawa-san]

But instead of picking it up you left your phone to continue ringing away. You ignored it and continued to try and fall asleep.

[Voicemail received from kawa-san]

Monday morning, you hopped out of bed with so much energy, it slightly scared your dad at first but he welcomed it with open arms soon after.

When you first showed him the permission form and talked to him about the camp, he wasn't sure if he wanted you to go. But in the end, he gave in after you practically begged him to let you go. And now you were finally leaving... only for a week, but still, he just got you back. You reassured by saying you'd text as often as possible, or even call him if you could.

You both ate breakfast together and spent the day with each other, soon enough it was getting dark and your dad made the executive decision to drop you off at school. At the gates he hugged you tight and whispered "I love you" into your ear before turning on his heel and walking away.

So close now.

[Your POV]
All I've got to do is make it through this bus trip and we're there. I can't wait to meet everyone and hopefully play a little volleyball, too.

Each step I took towards the gym was more anxious and excited than the last.

I really hope I can sleep. I don't do very well when it comes to sleeping in a moving vehicle, and my brain is currently very wide awake so that doesn't help either.

I also really hope I have somewhere to sit, these guys have been in the same team for a good amount of time now so they've probably already got designated seats and designated seat buddies. My fingers were crossed. I hope there's somewhere I can sit and that I'm next to someone who'll talk to me if I can't sleep, just in case. I've got books anyway if a problem ever arises.

So many worries and so little time.

The first thing I heard as I neared the bus was Sugawara being the team mom, once again, and asking fifty thousand questions, "Is everyone here? Did everyone bring all their belongings? Hinata, do you have a barf bag? And I've got food if anyone gets hungry!"

Daichi stood beside him, scolding the loud bunch, "Tanaka! Nishinoya! Shut up! Why are you beatboxing? People are sleeping, and as much as I enjoy your endless musical abilities, everyone else probably doesn't want to hear it at this hour!"

I chuckle from behind them, "Ah, don't we just love Sugamama, Dadchi, and their responsible, well-kept, wonderful children."

Sugawara jolts from his position and spins around, Daichi looks back at me as well while raising an eyebrow, "Sugamama? Dadchi?"

"Yeah, it kind of hurts that you forgot a child though," I toss a hand on my heart and feign sadness, "I guess I'm not a part of this family."

They both laugh, the Suga walks up to me and pats my head, he does that quite often and each time he does I feel as if we're straying further and further from the 'more than friends' zone, "I'd never- We'd never forget you, (F/N)-chan! Now go, join the rest of the family."