🏐 | scheming suga-san

Hesitantly, your finger hovered over the send button. You knew Oikawa was right, you hadn't seen each other in a while, but you've already got plans, and it would be awkward to invite him so last minute. Also, both guys are rival setters so that would add extra tension too. Oikawa will understand, at least that's what you hoped.

And... send.

[Your POV]
Please don't be mad. Please don't be mad. Please.

Oikawa-san seems like an understanding person, right? Understanding and just a little bit arrogant, sometimes. He's friends with Hajime, so if he gets mad at me I'll just ask Hajime for help. Loophole. Genius.

After a few seconds, I see a few notifications pop up on my screen. A fast reply! That's a good sign.

He's always with his nephew, does he choose to stay with him? If so, that's really admirable

He's always with his nephew, does he choose to stay with him? If so, that's really admirable. Or maybe his parents force him to look after his nephew. Honestly, I don't know what to think of him, I barely know him so I shouldn't make assumptions. I'll just have to ask him tomorrow. But for now, Sugawara-san is the priority.

The best bet for today's outfit is a comfy-casual look, especially since I still have to help Park-san. So let's settle for a pair of mom jeans and a knitted sweater.

A little before noon, Dad and I left the house. He told me that I didn't have to stay for long, but I'll still try to help as much as I can.

Sugawara-san and I didn't agree on a time to meet up which is mostly my fault. I'll just call him when I get there. I hope he picks up.

I walked along the sidewalk with my arm looped around my Otosan's arm, it kind of reminded me of that time that I walked with Asahi-san a few days back, except my dad isn't nearly as tall... or as intimidating.

"Who are you meeting up with, (F/N)-chan?" he grins, "It's nice to know you're making lots of friends."

"I'm meeting up with one of the guys from the Karasuno volleyball team, he's a third year but he's still really sweet. He can manage the whole team so well, it's amazing! I'll introduce you to him when he stops by."

"A third year? What position does he play?"

"He's a setter but I don't think he's in the starting line up, unfortunately."

"Oh, right. That first year boy is the setter, the one who bumped into you? Kayagama?" he unloops our arms.

I chuckle at his mistake, "It's Kageyama, Otosan. But yeah, they're both really strong players, you should watch them play sometime."

"I'll only watch if you're on the court too."

If only Ukai-san can work something out.

I sigh, "Coach Ukai said he'll figure something out, you already know that I'm dying to play in a real match... it's been so long."