The perfect midair proposal Launchpad X reader (gender neutral)

A/N:
OOH bJesus, I haven't written in this book in awhile! (Ha hait's been like three months😝)
Make sure to check out my other books, they range from sonic (the movie, and yes I actually loved this movie! Don't, come, @ meeeee)
Anyway enjoy!
Launchpad's pov:
I had everything ready to go, today I was going to propose to Y/N! They and I have been dating for around almost 10 years, yeah we were high school sweethearts, cute right? Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself I need to finish the final touches on this perfect proposal. Unfortunately, Y/N is scared of heights, so the proposal I was going to give them originally kinda backfired, but, oh well! So my next idea was to take them to their favourite restaurant, so that's what we did. Everything was going perfect, until... some bad guys come in and took Y/N from me, they screamed and screamed, but their mouth was soon covered by a mask. "Y/N!" I shouted, quickly getting up, rushing out of the restaurant and chasing after them, eventually my feet gave out and I was out of breath. "Oh God, please be okay... "I mumble, under my breath sending a mental pry to them. I quickly get into my taxi/limousine? (A/N: I don't know what it's called XD 😝) to Chase after them. "Please be okay... "I said silently crying, as I went to go chase after them. I arrive at the kidnapper's to see you tied up with the same mask over your mouth.
"Y/N!" I called out, trying to see if you could hear me. Suddenly there was a noise and I presumed it was you. "I'm coming! "I shouted running over to you, I quickly untie you as you fall into my arms. You start crying and trying to wrap your arms around me, I kiss you on the forehead to calm you down and I hug you tight telling you it would be okay. "L-Launchpad?" You asked, as you looked up to me. "I'm here... I promise, you're safe..." I hold you in my arms tight, calming you down again. "I wanna go home!" You said getting panicked. "Shhhh it's gonna be okay.... we'll be outta here quicker than Darkwing duck can say his usual catchphrase. "I said with a light giggle. Once we were out I placed you on the ground, bending down on one knee and holding out a ring in front of you. "Y/N L/N, I love you so much I loved you from the moment I laid eyes on you. I am the luckiest pilot alive, I know this wasn't how are you most likely envisioned your proposal, but. Will you marry me?" I now had tears in my eyes, as I held the ring up to you. "Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!" You said crying, coming over and kissing me. I sat you are my lap as I kissed passionately back, I slid the ring on your finger as you looked at it shimmer through the glistening light.
A/N! HOLY SHIP!
That took way too long to write! And I apologise deeply to whoever requested it... It's shit I know, but I've had no inspiration...  August is a very hard month for me, I lost a friend on the 23rd from a really bad illness and I have been having tons of panic attacks lately, i'll probably right about it knowing me
Don't worry I'm not discontinuing (I really want to keep this book going) my goal is to make at least 50 chapters of one shots... and maybe make a second back with more, if you are up for the task could you create me a book cover? You can upload it on tumblr, I personally don't have tumblr but I can still access tumblr via the Safari on my iPad so, can you guys make me a book cover? Because the one I have isn't very nice... It's a screenshot from the TV show, and it's not really a good book cover and I'm not very good at making them so I want someone with better art abilities than mine to help me make a book cover (unless I find every two years one on the Internet which I probably won't soooo!
Anyway I hope you enjoyed, I hope you guys are staying safe and doing well until next time bye!