Chapter 9

It was a few nights before Hogwarts was set to open for the next school year and we were laid in Harry's bed. I was wrapped around him, my right leg was strewn across his lower half and held in place by his hand, my own hand was gently drawing little patterns across his chest. It was a comfortable silence that we laid in and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I had sat in many hours of silence in my life, and all of them were uneasy and awkward. None warmed me as this one does and it's all accredited to Harry.

It was crazy how fast things had changed in a span of the summer holiday and they've all been for the better. I found happiness in Harry and he found it in me which was the biggest surprise of them all.

I was excited and felt like a child with its first crup the way Harry and I explored each other and the new boundaries in our relationship. This is a new beginning for us in more ways than one and it is one we can't wait to explore further.

"What do you think our friends will have to say?" I asked thinking of the shock they were likely to feel, considering the shock I, myself, felt.

"Ron'll probably be completely caught off guard. Hermione will have either already figured it out or admit that she had suspicions." I snorted.

"They're such opposites."

"And we aren't?"

"Fair enough." Harry's arms tightened around me and pressed his lips to my head. "I don't think I've ever been so happy by you making a mistake."

"This is the only time I'll admit that I, too, am happy I made a mistake." Harry laughs and I join in. After a few moments of silence, I talk again. "I'm so happy you said yes," I murmur.

"So am I, love." Harry's warm voice murmurs back, "So am I."