2- Les bonheurs dans les cours d'histoire

"Millie! WAKE UPPP" Dad yells. I slowly awake from my deep slumber. This jet lag really took me out, it's a good thing I went to bed early last night. 

"Je me reveille papa, calme toi! (I'm waking up dad calm down)" I reply groaning as I begin to sit up in bed, escaping my one true comfort. 

"Aunt Talia said she made pancakes for breakfast and you have 40 minutes to get ready before Jackson leaves with the car. He's your ride." Dad says. "Oh and meet me at my new gym after school, I will be there for a while and I wanna hear all about your first day" He mentions before leaving my room.

I slowly get out of bed and go into my bathroom. I brush my teeth, brush my long blonde hair (It basically reaches my butt at this point. -not to self: Get a haircut). I decide to not do anything to it and let it fall naturally. I put on a light layer of mascara and then proceed to my closet. I chose a pair of light jeans, a white tank top and cover it with a baby pink camisole. I then pull out my white Air Force 1's and head downstairs for breakfast. 

"Good morning Millie you look lovely!" aunt Talia says. I sit down at the brown oak table across from Uncle Joey who is having his second cup of coffee as he is reading the morning newspaper. To my right I see Jackson, scarfing down his pancakes like it's his last meal on earth.

"Good morning Uncle Joey, aunt Talia and Jackson" I reply with a smile. Dad had to leave early to pick up his car and he is starting renovations on his newly-bought gym right away.

After a delicious breakfast I thank aunt Talia and follow Jackson out the door to his black pickup truck. We buckle in and he starts to drive off

"Chill out Amelia, I can literally hear your heart racing. They will love you. Besides the school could use a soccer star too." Jackson says. Even though we haven't seen each other in forever, he could always read me like a book.

"Thanks for the pep talk Jackson, I can't help but be a little nervous though. I know how high school works, I'm fresh meat!" I say worriedly. He chuckles and turns on the radio. Watermelon Sugar  by Harry Styles comes on. We both have a mini jam-sesh before continuing our conversation. 

Breathe me in, breathe me out
I don't know if I could ever go without
I'm just thinking out loud
I don't know if I could ever go without...

"Well, if someone is giving you any trouble just come see me. But honestly you'll be fine, I'll walk you to the front office and your first class. Look here we are now." He says looking ahead. Soon enough we pull into a gigantic parking lot filled with students. My nerves are at an all-time high. The school is massive! It's all grey concrete filled with rectangular windows. Theres a huge entrance with large cylindrical pillars. The school is surrounded by palm trees and to the side theres a massive turf field. Well at least the amenities are nice. We both hop out of the car and I grab my school bag and soccer bag. 

As we walk down the parking lot a lot of people stare. I guess they're not used to new people here. We walk past a couple of classrooms and lockers before finally getting to the front office. 

"Hello Jackson, Hi Dear, How can I help you? I'm Ingrid" the woman says. 

"Hi -uhm I'm new here. Amelia Evans. I was wondering if I could pick up my lock and my schedule?" I reply as strongly as I can. Jackson slightly nudges me, bugging me for my nervousness. I am an outgoing person when you get to know me but everyone is a little shy at first right?

"Oh yes of course Amelia, here's your schedule and lock. If you need anything else feel free to come by anytime" The secretary says with a sweet smile.

Jackson take my schedule and walks out of the office. Jeez this guy has long legs it's hard to keep up with. 

"Advanced French, English, Math, Physics and Chemistry?! Didn't you skip a grade? How are u even in all these classes?" He asks a in a surprised tone.