36- T'étais morte

"Amelia what the hell are you doing here?! Do you not understand that you DIED less than 24 hours ago? You're leaving now." Jackson practically yells in my face once Christian and I meet up with everyone at the convention. Everyone is dressed floral and beach-like attire, with woman wearing cute sundresses and men in light coloured suits. As sea food is the main dish for the last meal, we decided to continue on the ocean-beach theme. I decided to wear a yellow dress, with ruffles paired with white sandals, and I curled my hair leaving it hang down my back. Christian is wearing an all white suit, with a yellow handkerchief to match my outfit. He's been pretty silent ever since our discussion before getting ready, and even though he keeps telling me nothing is wrong, I know there's something going on. 

"Watch your tone" Christian growls at Jackson and we all take a step back, he gently pulls me behind him in a protective stance and eyes down Jackson intensely. Christian has also been pretty jumpy as well. 

"I apologize" Jackson says in a bow and Christian grumbles in reply. 

"I'm feeling better, and I felt the need for us to finish our duties." I say in a much calmer tone as I try to walk around Christians broad frame, he keeps his hand firmly around my waist the entire time. 

"Luna Amelia, I'm so glad to see you doing better!" Our awkward interaction is luckily interrupted by Alpha Giovanni and we all turn our gaze towards him. I feel Christian squeeze my waist a little harder as more people surround us.

"Thank you Alpha Giovanni, your support is deeply appreciated." I reply as warmly as I can. 

"Hey Amelia, do you want to do a little walk around with us?" Allie suggests as we see more Alphas walk towards our group. Evelyn and Elena begin to prepare to walk off with Allie and she motions to follow. 

"No." Christian grits out and the girls turn back with shock on their faces. "She's mine. With me." He adds sternly, his grip on my waist is getting a little too hard for comfort. 

"Christian, you're hurting me" I whisper softly in his ear, attempting to calm down his death grip. He immediately retreats, with a guilty look in his eyes. Okay there is seriously something wrong with him, I better just stay for right now. 

"It's okay girls, I'll meet up with you guys later in the night" I reply as politely as I can, the girls nod and give me one last weary look before they take off, leaving me standing with Christian and tons of other Alphas. 

We spent a good few hours with the Alphas, with Christian doing most of our talking. Luckily, he moved everyone to sit down at tables, which was much to my comfort. Christian has still been very quiet with me, and has been holding me all night. Finally, after a long few days it's time for the final speech and the end of the convention! 

"Woo Hoo" Rhea exclaims and I cant help but agree with her. It's time for us all to catch up on some much needed relaxation.

"I would like to thank each and every one of the Alpha's and Luna's for coming out to this years convention, your participation has ensured peace and unity between all packs. Dawn Pride is especially honoured that you have all allowed us to welcome you in our home. May we end this Alpha Convention stronger and more unified than ever before. I would also like to thank my mate, Luna Amelia for organizing and putting together this entire event." Christian states as we stand on the stage in the ballroom. The entire room erupts in applause and cheers at Christian's statement and my heart swells up in pride. In pride for my mate, our hard work and how my life has turned for the better. I don't think I could ever feel more at home than I do when I'm with my people, my person. 

"Thank you to each and every one of you for helping in making my creations into a reality, also to Ophelia's Events, our planner for helping me piece everything together. I wish you all a safe journey home!" I add, and once again the room erupts in cheers. Christian and I make our way to the front door of the venue, to say goodbye to all the Alpha's individually. Speaking to all of the Alpha's and Luna's has proven to be an even longer task than it was to greet them, I even had to get a chair due to my bodies slow recovery. After what feels like an eternity, we finally say goodbye to the last couple.