37- Maintenant ou jamais

"Luna Amelia, I apologize for the intrusion but I need to take care of the body" Wesley, our pack warrior interrupts. I slowly look up from the lifeless body in front of me, tears streaming down my face. 

"T-Take h-him to the morgue. I-I want a f-funeral" I weep out, gasping for breath at the scene. I feel my body being slowly pulled back from his corpse. My last view of him is his lifeless body being lulled away by pack warriors, and the feeling of loss haunting my entire being. 

Four Hours Earlier...

Finally, after the long and gruesome days of festivities, Christian and I got to sleep in! It was just past noon when we finally rolled out of bed. After showering and eating French toast with fresh strawberries for breakfast, it's finally run time!

"Let's meet Xavier c'mon Millie!" Rhea exclaims in my head, and yes. She's decided on calling me Millie, which I'm okay with seeing as she's basically my other half. 

"Are you ready angel?" Christian says as we come to a stop deep into the woods. 

"I think a little guidance could help" I reply shyly, I'm a little nervous to shift as this will be my real first time. 

"Just remember, imagine your body morphing into your wolf, and draw energy from Rhea, she will help you as well" Christian guides and I nod understanding his instructions. I step away from him and attempt to start concentrating. 

"Remember what we look like!" Rhea encourages as I close my eyes, to improve my concentration further. I begin imagining my paws, and move up my legs to my torso, imagining my white coat with black spots all over. Slowly I feel my body vibrate almost, and with a quick snap I land on all our paws. Opening my eyes, I see the world in a new light, precision from miles away and colours brighter than ever before. I look up to Christian, who's smiling down at my wolf. 

"Beautiful" He mumbles as he strokes my hair and behind my ears. I nuzzle into his legs and a rumble comes from my stomach due to the tingles from his touch. Christian eventually steps back and leaps into the air, shifting into his large black wolf. He lands elegantly on the ground and shakes off before trudging in my direction. His wolf towers over mine, I can even fit between his front legs. 

"Why am I so small" I ask him through mind link in a slightly pouty voice.

"It must be that you didn't have a normal shift at a regular age for werewolves. I love your size angel, gives me more need to protect my mate." He explains and he nuzzles his head into my neck. Deciding to play with him a bit, I bolt off into the trees dodging branches and logs left and right. I hear Christian's wolf close behind, but I'm glad he's letting me have the lead for a little while. 

"I'm going to catch you mate" Christian whispers into my mind link and I squeal in return, taking a quick right. Due to my lack of coordination and new form, I end up falling straight on my side and tumbling right into a bush. I whine as I attempt to break free from the thickness of the bush, after a few seconds of attempting to claw myself out of the leaves and branches, I feel my entire body being lifted from the bush by the scruff in my neck. I'm set down very lightly on my paws just outside of the bush and turn to see Christian's wolf circling me, probably accessing my small body for injuries. 

"You need to be careful, you have to adjust to your form before being so reckless" He orders and I roll my eyes. I was just trying to have fun!

"Yeah. Yeah Mr Alpha I'll be careful" I reply sticking my tongue out and he growls playfully in reply. 

We set off once again exploring the pack lands, I even passed a couple of warriors who bowed in our presence. Christian took me for a whole tour of the forest and boarders in our pack. Its huge! Theres a mountain area, large stream and tons of flower meadows to explore. The southern boarders are right along the beach so we have easy access to the ocean as well. Right now Christian and I are lying down on some rocks by the stream, just taking a small rest from our run.