38- Il faut garder un sourire

Today is the funeral, for all of the fallen during the war against Victor. Fortunately, our casualties were much less than Victors. With a total of ten werewolves and one human- my dad. It's been a total of two days since everything happened. Carrie left the pack, after the death of her mate and my dad, she decided this just wasn't home for her anymore. Aunt Talia, Uncle Joey and Jackson took the news pretty hard as well, Uncle Joey was hit the worst. Hearing his only brother died so young really struck a chord in him. As for me, well I've been surviving I guess. Christian has been my rock, and everyone else my anchors in dealing with his death. I haven't cried since that first night, vowing to myself to not fall into an abyss of hurt. Dad would want better for me, he would want me to keep on fighting. I refuse to fall into how I used to be before moving to California, and with Christian by my side I think I'm strong enough. 

"Are you ready Amelia?" Christian says as he comes into our closet, fixing his black tie on his collar. 

"As I can be" I reply with an attempted smile. I threw on a simple black dress and black heels for the occasion, with my blonde hair straightened down my back. Christian holds my hand as we walk out of our room, my breaths become slightly shaky as we near the elevator. Stay strong Amelia. 

"He'll always be with us." Rhea adds, she came back to me yesterday and thankfully has been nothing but supportive during our loss. 

"There's going to be a barbecue after the funerals, to support the families who have lost someone and to unite even stronger together. If you don't want to stay, I can bring you back upstairs" Christian says, breaking the silence in the elevator. 

"I'll go. This is what we all need, and as Luna I should help comfort the families" Deciding I need to lean on people to help grieve as well, and a distraction could help. 

As soon as the elevator door opens we make our way to the backyard, where the funerals are being held. We decided on cremating my father, but other pack members wanted to have an open casket. The funerals are being held one by one, so today is going to be a very sad and upsetting day.

----------------------------------

"And now for David Evans, mated to Margot Evans and father of Luna Amelia Evans. David was a pro fighter for years, known globally for his passion and skill in the sport. As of now he shall be resting in the heavens with his mate, may they be in peace. Joey Evans would like to speak on his behalf. Joey?" Christian announces on the podium of the the funeral. My dads box is placed in front, with photos of us surrounded by his trophies and gloves. Joey nods to Christian as he holds his cue cards up to speak on his behalf. 

"Hello everyone and thank you for attending my brothers service today. David was my older brother and as his reputation proceeds him, an amazing fighter as well. Now David was far from the most disciplined child and school really just wasn't his thing, but if there is one thing David was passionate about is his protectiveness and love for his family. Its no secret growing up I was the nerdier and awkward one of the two of us, not that David cared. Anyone who even tried to insult me David beat up without a second thought. He was also quite the ladies man compared to me, he even used to give out my number instead of his own to help me out. That all changed when blonde haired blue eyed Margot came into town. Within seconds she captured my brothers heart and brought him back from his reckless ways. Together they were unstoppable, the perfect balance. If there was one thing David believed in was that if you put in hard work and dedication, you can accomplish anything you put your mind through. While David's name was becoming heard around the fighting community, Margot was excelling in fashion design. I remember how happy David was each time he used to call me, telling me about his wife's successes before his own accomplishments, they were team unstoppable. I never thought David could be happier until I got a FaceTime call about some unexpected news. A niece was coming my way, and both of her parents were absolutely thrilled. Amelia, you were the newfound joy in your parents lives. Your dad used to call me about the silliest things, like how you said dad before mom, how in first grade your teacher said you were smartest of your class and should be moved up a grade, your parents were proud of it all! Losing his mate was one of the hardest things he's had to face however he managed to surpass it with you Amelia. He loved you with all of his heart and more, and I know for a fact he couldn't be prouder of the person you have become. Brother, I'll miss you forever, until we meet again. I've got her." Uncle Joey recites and tears fall freely from my eyes. He defends off the stage and sits back down beside me and smiles slightly. I can see the puffiness in his eyes as well, my dad was both of our role models. Christian gets back up from beside me and goes back to the podium. As Alpha, he is the one officiating the ceremonies.