Face to Face

Naina was sitting on second bench next to wall from entry. She was trying to focus on book opened in front of her eyes but could not concentrate on it. Today again after a long time she was getting the same feeling of her first meet with him. aaj phir vahi ajeeb sa ehsaas ho raha hai.. jaise vo aas paas hi ho... lekin mein jaanti hoon yeh mera sirf ek bharam hai

She struggles hard to suppress her unease. Her heart thumping loudly making her even difficult to breathe. She tried so hard to not to think about him but realize she had no control over the memories that clouded her brain, nor she could stop a lone tear flown from her eye.

She reprimands herself, "stop it Naina... what are you doing... why are you thinking about him, No ways.... he cannot be here around you... stop dreaming about him... he is gone and it's better for him to not come back ever near you"

She blinked hard to stop her tears hearing Swati's voice... There Swati and Preeti were standing with Munna Pandit and suddenly she felt a piercing glance towards her... of the one who disappeared one year ago, the one who used to be the most important person in her life.

It was like a dream for him to appear in front of her like this, giving her no time to prepare herself at all. Naina's entire body went numb, and her brain blanked out.

The glow radiating off his face made it impossible for one to ignore him or look away. His deep brown dark eyes, silky hairs, and the most killing smile have appeared in her dreams countless times and now she had seen him in person, she was speechless. At that moment, she felt as if her heart was about to pop out of her chest, she could even hear her heart rate accelerating.

She had imagined their encounter numerous times, but she never expected them to meet here in this situation. At this thought, she was once again flustered. His sudden appearance caught her by complete surprise. Their trance broke by non-stop chatting by their friends ...

Munna asked, "Hi Naina... kaisi hai tu.. hum tujhe baahar dhundh rahe the aur tu yahaan hai... Vaise congrats tu ne toh iss baar phir top kiya hai..."

Naina coming back to her senses averted her eyes to avoid his intense gaze, "ya, I am fine.. thanks"

Preeti understood her dilemma, "yaar chalo na baith jaao ... lectures ka time bhi ho raha hai..."

Saying this she come and sit beside her... she held her shaken hand and pressed to assure her, "behen tu ghabra mat mein hun tere saath..."

Naina keeps looking down to avoid anyone to see her misty eyes... Swati sits next to Preeti. Boys moved and sat on fourth bench in the next row... Sameer keep on looking at her from side without blinking and keep smiling looking towards her... He smiled at her widely and conveyed how relieved he was to see her along with the others.

Sameer POV

Class mein enter karte hi Swati ki aawaj ne mujhe surprise kar diya... gate ke pass first row mein second bench par Naina baithi thi.. Meri Naina... Hamesha ki tarah sar jhukaye huye... kitaab mein ghusi hui thi.. Par Jaise hi usane sar Udhaya.. mano ek pal ke liye meri duniya hi tham gayi ho... Naina... Voh mere saamne baithi hai.. do kadam ki doori par.. vahi pyara sa massom sa chehra.. jheel si aankhen.. lambe baal .. (mimick) par pony tail banai hui thi..... par its okay..... voh jo bhi kare cute lagti hai.. par haan khule hote to ... khair koi baat nahin..

(laughing) And the best was mujhe dekhte hi like statue ho gayi thi.. lagta hai surprise ke saath saath shock bhi lag gaya usako.... Rohan sahi kar raha tha... ye mujhe dekh kar aise shock ho gayi hai agar baat kar li toh sach mein behosh hi ho jayegi.... par phir as usual Munna ke sawaal shuru ho gaye aur usaki najar mujh par se hat gayi... (sadly, making a grumpy face) aur usake baad usane ek baar bhi meri taraf nahin dekha... Preeti ne na jaane kya kaha usase par phir hum sab bhi aakar apani seat par baith gaye..... but what a moment it was ... I just loved it...