Chapter Ten

Jade’s POV

“So, are you and Liam dating now?” Jesy asked and I laughed, not looking at her. I felt my cheeks turning red and took a quick sip of my coke.

“Err… I’m not sure… I don’t think so… why?” I laughed shyly, unsure what to say. I didn’t really want to be together with Liam because he seemed only to be the one to occupy my mind from Perrie. But Niall sat right next to me too and he and Perrie grinned at me knowingly.

I could see Jesy looking at Perrie from the corners of my eyes but I didn’t pay any attention to it because that moment Liam came to us and sat down right across from me.

“So, Liam, are you and Jadey together now?” Harry asked laughing. His arm was around Louis’s shoulder, who was smiling at us cheekily. Today he was wearing his glasses which made him look younger and also a bit cuter than normally.

I could see his cheeks flushing deeply red, redder than ever before and his brown eyes. I looked at him curiously, waiting for his answer - I was also afraid, I had to admit. Our friends were amazing and they would be happy for us but if Liam said we were actually going out there was no turning back - now I could maybe still tell Liam I only wanted friendship but if he thought we were together I would need to break up one day… Why did I even say yes? I’m so stupid!

“Err… I’m not sure… I don’t think so…. why?”

Everyone started giggling and I just sighed as I realized Liam had just used exactly the same words as I. I smiled sheepishly at him before we both quickly turned our attention back to our food.

“Aww, you two are too cute!” Leigh-Anne giggled and I looked over to Jesy, who looked at Leigh warningly. The black haired girl didn’t seem to notice it and just turned back to her food.

“Jay?” Jesy asked again, smiling at me. “What are you doing on Saturday?”

I heard Perrie groan and looked at her in confusion. Her eyes widened and shaking my head I looked back at Jesy - the blonde’s mood swings really were confusing me. I knew what was wrong with her, I knew why she sometimes was sad. I also knew why she was happy in school.

But things like this… confused me.

“Err… I’m going to the cinema with Liam…” I murmured and looked over at him, only to see him blushing again.

“Aww!” Leigh giggled and clapped her hands a little. “You two are so cute together, like seriously. Just admit that you’re dating!”

“Excuse me,” Perrie smiled before she got up, carrying away her plate and the empty water bottle. She hadn’t eaten it all, unlike herself. She always was hungry, literally all the time, so I had never seen her not finished her meal. I looked at her as she walked away and heard Jesy whispering something to Leigh-Anne.

“What’s wrong with her?” I heard Louis ask and he looked at me expectantly, as if I knew the answer.

I swallowed the food that was in my throat and shrugged, trying to look like I wouldn’t care. “I guess she’s just not hungry anymore…” I turned my attention back to my food but my appetite was gone by now.

“I’ll see if she’s okay…” Jesy excused herself before getting up and following after the blonde.

I felt someone taking the now empty seat next to me and looked up to see a pair of brown eyes. “Hey there,” he smiled at me and took a bite of his chips. “Umm… Leigh just made me think of something… basically… we are together… aren’t we?”

I choked on my chip and he had to pat my back so I wouldn’t die right then and there. “Umm… are we really? I mean… we only know each other for like… What, two weeks?”