Epilogue

It had been three years now since both Perrie and Jade had finished studying – Jade had been studying arts in Oxford and Perrie had decided to study medicine in Manchester. Still they had managed to see each other on the weekends, no matter what kind of exam they had to get. They wouldn’t let anything come between them and this had probably been the reason why they were still together – Jade being an arts teacher in the South Shield’s primary and Perrie being in her first year of South Shield’s hospital.

They still had kind of meetings with the other people from school, once in a month and they were telling other about what had happened since their last meeting.

“So, Jesy, how was your and Jordan’s wedding?” Zayn asked. His arm was around his girlfriend’s shoulder, who was there for the first time. Her name was Emily and she was from another city, called Bradford. Zayn had visited his grandparents in Bradford and had met Emily there and since then they were together (which was probably three months ago).

“Amazing!” Jesy grinned and looked at the golden ring on her finger. “Really sad you couldn’t come – but I hope you’ll come to the baby party!”

“No way!” Niall said with a huge grin. “Wow, congrats, Jesy!” He said and hugged her tightly.

Everyone agreed with Niall, giving Jesy and her husband Jordan a hug. “We are really happy for you,” Perrie agreed and hugged her best friend as the last person. Jesy had been in Manchester too so they had been together all the time – in Manchester Jesy had also met Jordan.

Niall was alone there but he wasn’t the only single in the round, also Liam was still (or again) single. Harry and Louis still were together and it looked like they were as much as in love as the day they had told each other their love for each another.

Leigh-Anne was also single, but she didn’t want it any other way. Together with Jade she had studied in Oxford, but she had studied music instead of arts. The black haired girl had started playing some instruments, them being the guitar, the violin and the piano. She worked for some different musicians, on tour, so she was always around. So she herself said she wouldn’t need a boyfriend at the moment and she was happy the way she was.

Jade looked up to meet Liam’s eyes and he was smiling at her. They had become good friends again and also met sometimes, only if Perrie wasn’t against it. She wouldn’t say anything but Jade knew when it was better not to mention that she’d like to meet Liam again. He had been with a girl since they had broken up and they had been together for two years, but now he was single again.

“Anything new between you?” Harry asked and Jade’s attention was drawn away from the only boy she had ever kissed.

Perrie blushed, something that was really rare, and looked over at her girlfriend. “Well, err, I finally did it,” Perrie murmured and now also Jade blushed deeply.

“What?” Liam asked and everyone giggled – of course Perrie hadn’t told anyone about their plans but everyone kind of knew it – they were together for more than four years now, it was only time that one of them would propose.

Jade raised her arm and pulled back the sleeve of her jumper to show everyone her fingers – a silver ring with a small sparkling diamond was on her ring finger. The diamond reflected the light from above them and made her whole hand look brighter.

“Wow, oh my, this one’s so pretty!” Leigh-Anne scream-whispered. She  grabbed Jade’s hand to get a closer look at the ring and sighed. “I am really happy for you two, well done, Perrie.” She smiled at her friend and hugged them both.

“Seems like we have a lot of things to tell today,” Liam smiled and took a sip of his beer. “My sister called me yesterday because she is getting a baby, too.” He smiled at them and again everyone congratulated him.