Chapter Twelve

A/N: I feel like I would need to post the Author's Note at the beginning already because I needed to warn you - you are all going to hate me!

But it needed to happen or else this would be too short!

I hope you can forgive me :P

Please vote/comment/fan! :) <3

Love,

Marlene xx

~*~

“Jade Amelia Thirlwall, what did you do?” An angry voice asked and I looked up frightened, met by Jesy. Her hands were in her sides and she glared down at me.

I was at my lockers, getting ready to go home but apparently I had to talk to her before. Confused I knitted my eyebrows and looked at her. “Err... what did I do?” I asked and she rolled her eyes annoyed, causing me to raise an eyebrow in surprise at her.

“What you did?” She asked and threw her hands in the air. “Look at Perrie! Since you are here she isn’t the same anymore! Do you have an idea what you did there? I know something is wrong at Perrie’s house but I have enough respect not to ask her. And I also know the school is the only place where she feels comfortable and now you come here and make her run away.”

“Why is it my fault that she went home?” I asked and could feel my eyes burning. No, I wasn’t allowed to cry in front of Jesy. She shouldn’t know how much those words hurt me.

“I don’t know, but this all started since you are here,” she muttered and I could tell she knew exactly why this all was my fault. Had Perrie told her about out little fight? “I don’t know if you were talking today or yesterday or whenever – all I know is that you broke Perrie. She doesn’t deserve the way you treat her!”

“How I treat her?” I asked and gaped. “Have you ever thought about how she treats me? I have no idea what I have done wrong and she suddenly ignores me! She was the one who insisted on my relationship with Liam, not me! I don’t know what I did, seriously. Tell me please!” I hadn’t planned on begging her but I wanted to get over this now. I needed Perrie and I wouldn’t let her go without a fight.

For a moment she stayed silent. She pursed her lips and knitted her eyebrows. “I cannot tell you, Jade... I wish I could so you could make up and she would be her old self but I cannot, I promised her not to tell you.”

“So... you know what I have done wrong?” I asked and felt myself close to the tears again. Why did she not tell me? Maybe I could do something against it...

Jesy nodded slowly and sighed. “Look, Jade, I know what she does isn’t really okay but you need to understand her too. If you were in her shoes you would understand it. Maybe... you can apologize for anything, I don’t know, but I hate to see her like this. She loves being in school, please don’t ruin this to her.”

I nodded and scratched the back of my neck. “Can you... at least tell me what I should say when she asks why I am apologizing?” I asked and looked at her hopefully.

She shrugged and looked at her feet. “I really don’t know what to tell you without letting you know what she told me as a secret. Have you been talking lately? If yes, have you been fighting?”

“Either you’re a fortune teller or you know Perrie much too well,” I smiled sadly and nodded. It felt weird talking about this to Jesy. I would either talk to Liam (but I guess that was over now) or Harry, but I hardly ever talked to Jesy.

“Well, if you were fighting you could apologize for what you said? I guess you said something wrong... and I am sorry for going off on you so much but Perrie means the world to me.” She smiled sadly and I felt a sting in my heart. I shouldn’t feel jealous because Jesy and Pez had been friends for much longer than I had even known about her existence but I couldn’t help it.