THIS IS WHERE I STARTED TO SUSPECT I'M IN A SHOUJO MANGA

He’s calling and it got me panicked. I was expecting him to text me back and not this.

I took a deep breath and slid the green answer button.

“Hello?”

“...”

“Uhm, Tsumu-kun?”

“Y-you... why are you like that?”

I heard him sigh from the other end.

“Sorry. What do you mean?”

“Don’t play innocent, (Y/N). You know what I mean. You were avoiding me since the day I confessed what I really felt about you.”

Lighting struck through me. IT IS A SHOUJO MANGA.

What the hell am I supposed to say? I don’t even remember him doing that. I don’t even know him! Is he the guy on my wallpaper, then?

“I wasn’t.” I was simply not in this manga yet when that was supposed to happen.

“Then why haven’t you been responding?”

“I lost my phone and only found it this morning.” That was the only safest reason I could think of.

There was a moment of silence before I heard him sigh again.

“Then about us...”

“Can’t we just stay friends?” I blurted out as fast as I can.

“...”

“I’m sorry Tsumu-kun--"

“N-no! You don’t need to apologize. I-I understand. I’ll choose that rather that you avoiding me.”

“I told you, I wasn’t avoiding you.”

“Yes. I believe you. Then... then we’re still good? Y-you wouldn’t be awkward with it, right?”

“I think I should be the one asking you that.” I pursed my lips. I was actually hoping that he’d avoid me instead so I don’t have to deal with ‘my forgotten memories than never existed’. But there was some lingering feeling inside my guts that was saying that this guy is my friend.
I heard him give a cocky chuckle. I could feel it even without seeing his face.

“Have you forgotten who I am, (Y/N). I’m the great Miya Atsumu.”

“I don’t think you’re that great since someone you like rejected you.”

“O-oi! Don’t rub it in. You’re as blunt as ever. Aren’t you forgetting I’m a year older than you?”

I can hear him groaning and palming his face.

“But really, (Y/N). I’m actually happy you weren’t ignoring me. I would hate to lose a friend.”

“Hmm. Don’t worry. I won’t use your confession as an excuse to run away from your cocky personality.”

I heard another groan from him. “Just forget about it already.”

“It’s your fault, you know.”

“Yeah, yeah. I know. By the way, I hope you’re doing well there. Me and Samu miss you a lot.”

“I think I’m doing well.”

“Great. Then I guess you should be resting now... you’ll be messaging us still, right?”

“Yes.”

“Ok. Then goodbye, (Y/N). I’ll call you some time.”

“Bye, Tsumu.”

The call ended and I put down my phone.