THIS IS WHERE I WAS ON THE RECEIVING END OF A SUDDEN CONFESSION

“Oh no...” Tanaka groaned and buried his face on the table after I took his empty plate of food.

“What’s wrong, Senpai?”

“I’m getting used to Kiyoko-san and (Y/N)-san cooking for us.” He cried.

“Then better savour their cooking tonight. Tomorrow’s our last day at camp.” Daichi chuckled.

I hid the smile forming in my lips. For the past few days I’ve been cooking with Ittetsu and Kiyoko, I couldn’t deny that I feel happy whenever they express their appreciation. After all, they’ve been practicing non-stop since the camp began and all I can do is support them like this.

“I’ll take care of the dishes, Kiyoko-san. It’s getting pretty late.” I told our third year manager when everyone already started to leave to have their baths and showers.

After a little bit more of persuading that I can handle it, Kiyoko finally relented and Sugawara and Daichi walked her outside. I already began my task when I heard Tobi barking and enter the kitchen running around. Soon enough, his owner appeared from the same direction.

Kageyama didn’t speak but we both gave each other a polite nod just for a simple greeting. I thought he was just going to get Tobi but I heard him pulling out a chair so I took a look at him. He was sitting down from the other side of the table facing me.

“Uhh, Kageyama-kun...”

He perked up at me with his head tilted a bit and waiting for me to continue.

“Is there something you need?” I asked.
He blinked for a moment and then quickly averted his eyes away from mine.

“I need to tell you something.” He muttered and I gestured for him to continue but he shook his head. “After you finish that.”

I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Do you want me to help?” he asked ready to stand up but I raised my hand at him.

“No. Just wait for me.”

He nodded and I sighed. I turned back to the sink and continued cleaning up. I wondered what could he be wanting to tell me. I was so aware of his presence behind me that I felt stiff, not wanting to look around for no particular reason. I could feel him playing with Tobi but a few minutes later, I realized it suddenly grew quiet. When I’m all done, I finally took a peek at him and I find myself stifle a laugh to see him sleeping with his head almost falling behind him and mouth slightly open. Tobi laid on his lap, also sleeping.

I dried my hands with a towel before walking towards him. I leaned a bit closer to him and poked him on the cheek.

“Kageyama-kun...” I called but he didn’t react at all.

“Oi... Kageyama Tobio.” I repeat and he finally moved. His eyebrows furrowed and I took a step back as he carefully straightened up, making sure that Tobi doesn’t wake up. He finally opened his eyes and looked at me.

“(Y/N)-san...”

“What are you going to tell me?” I pulled out another chair so I can sit down beside him.

“I like you, (Y/N)-san.”

“H-hah?”

//(Y/N).exe stopped working//

.

.

.

“HAAH?!” my butt hasn’t even touched the chair when I stood straight up when I finally processed what he told me. I felt my face warm up while the guy in front of me looked so calm as if what he’s saying is a normal thing for him and like it hasn’t affected him at all.