THIS IS WHERE I HAD A SMALL FIGHT WITH THE SALTY FRENCH FRY

"Thank you, Kiyoko-san." I bowed in thanks to my senior manager after she took the time to go to my classroom just to bring back my necklace during our lunch break.

"It's a lovely necklace." she said with her beautiful soft smile. I could feel the eyes of my classmates on her as they passed by. I could not possibly blame them since Kiyoko's smile is such a sight to behold.

"It's a gift from a friend." I said clutching the crystal necklace in my hand before slipping it inside the pocket of my skirt.

"I see. I'll be off then. See you at practice, (Y/N)-chan." She gave me a small wave which I returned and then she left.

I walked back to my seat where Hinata and Kageyama were eating their lunch. Ittetsu cooked lunch for us to bring and since Hinata and Kageyama had always brought theirs, I told them we could eat in our classroom together.

"Why did Kiyoko-senpai asked for you?" Hinata asked before munching on a mouthful of rice.

I pulled out my necklace and examined it, unconsciously ignoring Hinata's question. The last time I actually checked, it was barely a quarter but now it's almost half full.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)-san?" it was Kageyama who spoke.

Though my soul is connected to all these people around me, there is one person who is bound to be my soulmate. I looked at Kageyama's curious stare, his head slightly tilting to his side but his face looked stern as ever. It is a funny picture really, but my thoughts were still on my supposed mission that staring at him makes me wonder if he's my soulmate. My necklace did glow multiple times when I'm with him.

These thoughts of mine made me realize that since the last night in camp, Kageyama haven't even mentioned his confession. Does he even really like me like that?

It was not because I was hoping for him to like me but more on curiosity.

"Kageyama-kun..." I began as the boy stopped lifting his chopsticks to his mouth. Hinata was looking back and forth at us but that did not stop the tangerine from eating.

"Yes?" Kageyama responded and continued to give a bit on his lunch.

"Do you really like me like that?" I asked so straightforwardly that Hinata choked on his food. I pushed his drink to him in attempt to save his life. Kageyama on the other hand, had a pink tinge on his cheek but looked calm and composed.

"You mean se—"

"Romantically!" I interrupted, my cheeks burning up again from what I was suspecting him to say. This guy...

"Do you really like me romantically like what you said at camp?"

I ignored Hinata's eyes that seemed to be wondering what was happening.

Kageyama nodded.

"What?!" Hinata exclaimed. "And you didn't tell me?" Hinata pouted. I don't know if he was directing that at me or at Kageyama.

"Yes. I like you, (Y/N)-san."

I was glad that there weren't many students inside our classroom and both Tsukishima and Yamaguchi are at the cafeteria.

"Hmm... I was just curious." I hummed.

Is this even a normal conversation? I think not.

Hinata huffed in frustration, clearly knowing he wasn't in in the conversation.

"Aren't you going to ask (Y/N)-san on a date?" Hinata raised a brow at Kageyama and it took him a few seconds as he looked at me then looked at his lunch.