THIS IS WHERE I ACCIDENTALLY SLAPPED A SENPAI ON THE FACE

“(Y/N)-san!”

“Be quiet, shrimp.”

It was already lunch time when Hinata barged inside our classroom again and of course, Tsukishima has something to say again. Hinata glared at the tall blonde while Yamaguchi snickered at the two who started bickering now.

“Enough, you two. Save your energy for the afternoon practice.” I sighed and dragged Hinata outside. What I wasn’t expecting was that I’d bump into someone standing by the door.

“Oh, it’s you.” I said with a monotone voice, but I was actually recalling what happened last night. Surprisingly, Kageyama doesn’t look even a bit flustered nor bothered this time.

I shrugged it off and decided that his character is just like that.

Unfortunately, Hinata does not think the same and had the need to point out something. With his hand on his chin and an analysing face, he stared at Kageyama who just gave his greeting to me.

“See here, Kageyama-kun. You’ve been acting a bit weird today.” Hinata mumbled while narrowing his eyes suspiciously at Kageyama. “Don’t you usually go directly to your precious vending machine to get your daily dose of milk?”

I quickly held in a snort that was attempting to escape from my mouth. Hinata’s question was not really that funny but the way he asked Kageyama and the latter’s now annoyed expression was cracking me up.

“Haah? What’s so weird about that? Boke!” he growled and before they make a scene in the corridors, I quickly intervened.

“Alright, you two-“

Didn’t this just happened a while ago?

“Come on. Let’s just eat, shall we?” I pulled them both in their collars and dragged them farther apart.

“I’d appreciate it if I could eat in peace today.” I said, remembering how the two times I’ve joined them was not peaceful at all.

And yet, you still join them.

I hid the small smile that escaped from my lips, not fully aware that the taller boy walking with me actually caught sight of it and tried his best not to let it get to him again. Meanwhile, Hinata began skipping beside me and talking about the recent practice match with Seijoh.

I feel bad not being able to let his words sink in, because I did not realize I was actually giving more attention on Kageyama who was walking silently. He was definitely back to usual self compared from last night.

So he isn’t a tsundere? Or maybe he’s just not a high level tsun. Why am I even trying to figure that out? I was supposed to be the one making sure I’m away from shoujo manga stuffs like that.

“Uh, (Y/N)-san?”

I broke away from my thoughts when Hinata poked me on the shoulder.

“What is it?”

“You’ve been spacing out. I was calling your name but you were just looking at the ground.”

“A-ah, it’s nothing. I’m just hungry.”

“You get hungry a lot, don’t you?” Hinata giggled.

“You’re the one to talk. Food is literally life, Hinata-kun. Though in Kageyama’s case, I should say ‘milk is life’ instead.”

Kageyama just scrunched his nose but instead of directing his glare at me, he chose to kick Hinata who was laughing a lot.

I just realized that Hinata and Kageyama had their own bento boxes with them when they told me they’ll wait for me before they begin eating.

They could have just eaten their lunch inside their classroom but they chose to eat with me here in the cafeteria.

I was just on my way to our table when I saw a familiar scene in front of me where a scowling blueberry was getting angry at a vending machine. I stifle out a small laugh as I approached him.

“Ne, Kageyama-kun. You’re being harsh on the vending machine again.” I teased making him look at me in embarrassment.

He awkwardly avoided my gaze as he muttered something. I remained with my impassive expression but looked at him confused as to what he said.

“Sorry, what was that?” I asked, tilting my head sidewards.

“Would you please help me again?” he muttered, still looking away and his cheeks getting a bit pinkish.

I nodded and gave my tray of food for him to hold while I do my vending machine magic.

I successfully got his milk carton to fall and I immediately picked it up. When I turned around to give it to Kageyama, I felt my breath stop from seeing his expression. His eyes were sparkling like how Hinata’s do all the time and he looked pretty amazed.

“You’re amazing, (Y/N)-san.” He exclaimed and it was the weirdest side of Kageyama just yet— or the second one, next to that humming Kageyama I met last night.

“You’re exaggerating.” I said and offered him the milk carton but he shook his head.