THIS IS WHERE I AND THE REST OF THE CROWS FINALLY GET TO MEET THE CATS

Waking up early in the morning because I wanted to avoid running into Kageyama was the dumbest thing I ever did for the whole week. It turns out to be the very reason I actually bumped into him so early.

It was a funny interaction, really. I was standing by - definitely not hiding - at the back of the camp building to stretch and do whatever I could just to clear my mind of what happened last night. With my luck and I guess a newly found talent of getting myself into awkward situations, the very person I wasn't ready to see decided to have his warm-ups there.

And the baffling thing is, he doesn't seem even slightly bothered unlike me. He just greeted me normally while I returned it with a stiff nod.

Thankfully, my favorite person of the day - Hinata, came out bursting through the door and began his early morning bickering with Kageyama.

I would have rushed to him in thanks but I decided to take a quick leave before I get stuck with them. I felt a bit bad about avoiding Kageyama but I couldn't even blame myself.

I must have looked too relieved when I arrived in the kitchen because one salty bean pole was raising his eyebrow at me, looking at me like I'm the weirdest person he'd ever seen.

"What's up with you?" he lazily asked as he placed a used drinking glass down the sink.

"Nothing." I said a little too quickly; my usual deadpan expression crumbling.

He just hummed half-heartedly but then he looked at me. I noticed something off with the way he was staring but I did not know if I should ask. It was like he was fixing to say something. After a few seconds of silence that we stood there with the faint shouting of Hinata and Kageyama in the background, he cleared his throat and looked away to wash his hands in the sink.

"Did the King finally confessed to his queen?

Whatever curiosity I had just a few seconds ago instantly faded when he finally spoke with a snicker on the end.

Tch. Of course he would love to use that information to his benefit. How did he even know?! Do the others know too? Never mind how he knew.

I felt my face heat from embarrassment but this kind of thing should not get a hold of me.

"Yeah, he did." I was able to answer with a nonchalant voice.

"Ah..." he was still washing his hands. Did he hold something greasy and it wouldn't come off? "So you're dating now, then? Mind if you don't flirt in front of us, so we won't puke at the sight of you two."

I rolled my eyes despite him not seeing.

"Like I'd let myself get into a relationship just like that." I scoffed and his hands instantly stopped moving.

"Huh?" he turned to look at me with confused eyes and I raised an eyebrow at his reaction. I quickly walked towards him in annoyance - making him back off a little - to close the faucet.

"What's wrong with you, Tsukishima-kun? You're wasting water." I scolded and he didn't even looked bothered and continued to look at me questioningly.

"You didn't accept Kageyama's confession?" he asked.

"That's what you're caught up about?"

Did he and Kageyama suddenly had some sort of newly formed bond that he's now worried of his new buddy? Wow... who knew this salty guy would care enough about Kageyama's love life.

"Sorry to disappoint you but like I said... relationship is not something I'd get into that easily. I didn't outright turn him down but he wasn't expecting me to answer either so I guess that means I kinda turn him down." I shrugged and sighed, wondering if I could actually act normal around Kageyama after knowing his feelings for me. I mean he could... so I can do that too, right?

I returned my gaze towards the blonde megane in front of me and although he wasn't looking at me, I saw something in his expression which I don't know whether it was sympathy or relief. I guessed it was the former, since he might have felt bad for Kageyama.

"Since when did you get so close with Kageyama?" I finally asked but the guy just cringed and then sprinkled my face with the droplets of water left in his left hand.

"Never."

I gasped in surprise before wiping my slightly wet face as he snorted in amusement and walked away, still laughing.

I glared at his retreating back but relieved that I was mistaken earlier that something's off with him. I guess I could say I survived the rest of the morning and was able to act a lot more normal even when Kageyama was around. It was easier since he's treating me and everyone the same as always.