zero

I kept my head down as I walked down the empty street

I kept my head down as I walked down the empty street. My right hand was inside my jacket pocket holding my gun, just in case. My neighborhood wasn't the safest and, ever since an old asshole tried to assault me, I always carried it with me whenever I had to go out at night.

As I was nearing my home, I saw a red car parked down the street.

I furrowed my brows and held my gun tightly. Maybe a normal person wouldn't have noticed it, but I knew better. This neighborhood, besides being dangerous, was also one of the poorest of the city. Not many owned a car around here and I knew nobody owned a red seat ibiza.

I took a deep breath as I grabbed my keys, I was being too paranoid, it could easily be from someone's relatives.

So with that thought in my head, I entered my humble home. It wasn't much, but it was mine. Probably one of the few things I owned that hadn't been stolen.

I walked to the small kitchen and put my bag on the table, emptying its contents.

Food and a pair of diamond earrings.

Today, I only went out to buy some food but once a thief, always a thief. I was passing down numerous stores when I saw a jewelry store, and it had been so long since I stole something "big" that I couldn't resist the urge.

The shop assistant didn't even notice me when I went out of the shop with them on my ears. It may seem like the opposite but it actually is pretty easy, or maybe it's just me stealing since I was sixteen. I only need a wig and nice clothes to appear like a wealthy woman and no worker would say no to me when I tell them that I want to try on some jewelry.

With a sigh I put the earrings back on my bag. I liked them a lot but I couldn't afford to keep them, they would do me better use if I sell them.

A sound coming from the living room took me out of my thoughts.

With my gun in hand, I slowly approached the door. My footsteps were the only thing I could hear and that was making me feel anxious. Just as I got into position with my arm outstretched holding my gun, the living room light comes on, and I see a peculiar man with his arms up uncomfortably smiling at me.

"Who are you and why are you in my house?" I asked with a firm voice without lowering my gun. I looked at him in the eyes with furrowed brows.

"I came here to talk, Alexandra"

And with that, he lowered his arms, pushed his glasses up his nose bridge and took a seat on the couch, as if waiting for me to do the same.

That was the beginning of my new life.
A life full of friendships, luxuries, death and love.