Chapter 1 [Insomnia]

Team

This is my first year at T university and it's going pretty good. I met my friends Pharm and Manow during the first day of student orientation, and I was able to join the swimming team by finishing first. My grades aren't doing too bad yet. I've been able to keep them up by having multiple study sessions with Pharm (and Manow but she isn't of much help) every week. Despite all this I keep getting these uneasy feelings at night making it hard for me to sleep. This week I've been running on max 3 hours of sleep daily and it's really taking a toll on me. Already this week I haven't been able to keep focused in class or my study sessions with Pharm (and Manow). And my swimming has been massively lacking. To make it even worse the swimming teams vice president keeps bugging me and making me do extra work. Usually I'm somewhat ok with it but now I'm just too tired, it's not fun. "Team where is your head?" ah, the vice president is even bothering me in my thoughts, I can hear his annoying voice. "Team!"

"Oh Win," that fool wasn't in my head after all. He's at the edge of the pool looking down at me. "You've been in the water doing nothing for quite some time, what's up?" what's up is that I'm dead tired, I could kill for some sleep right now. "Just a bit tired. I didn't sleep so well last night."

"What's keeping my Team up at night?"

"Your Team? Stop kidding man I'm already in a bad mood," why does Win always have to joke around like this, so annoying. "I'm just kidding. But really what's up?" mid sentence he managed to mess up my hair by petting me on the head, if I wasn't so tired I would've ducked away. "I really don't know. I just couldn't seem to fall asleep," I just keep feeling uneasy at night when I try to sleep. I keep tossing and turning, worrying over nothing and thinking back to moments in my life I'd rather not think about, like that one time I tripped and fell in my high schools cafeteria ruining my food and school uniform. I've only been able to fall asleep once I'm dead tired.

"You want to finish practice early today to try and get some rest?" Win being nice to me and allowing me to leave before everyone else? Usually I am the last one to leave. I must look really sad right now for him to pity me so much. Going home right now would be nice. I don't know if I could get some sleep in but I could go over Pharm's class notes from today. "Win is allowing me to leave early? Maybe you're the one that's not feeling well," he laughs at my joke and reaches his hand out. "Even helping me out of the pool, you're too nice," I can't help being sarcastic, even on 3 hours of sleep. I grab his hand, he has a firm grip on me and easily pulls me out. Win is stronger then he looks. "Will you be able to go home alone?"

"Seriously you're worrying too much. Do I look that bad right now?"

"Looks like you haven't slept all week," that was quite on the nose. "Stop looking so much," I make my way towards the changing room looking back just once to see that half smile on his face he likes to carry so much. I can't help but smile back to acknowledge his.

***

Hey, how is everyone liking the first chapter? This is my first fanfic ever and I'm quite new to the whole writing aspect on wattpad. It's been fun writing the first chapter, I do think it's kind of a short chapter so there will probably be longer chapters in the future. Please leave a comment telling me if you liked it :-)