Chapter 10 [A hangover remedy]

Narrator

After every night of binge drinking comes a day of promising you'll never drink again. Some people might be lucky enough to not feel any of the hangover symptoms, but Team isn't one of those people. After waking up way earlier than you'd think someone would wake up after a night of drinking, the first thing he thought was, 'I am never drinking again.' Naturally, he will drink again. And then the next thought was, 'I kissed Win.' After that thought he didn't know what to think anymore. His mind started racing. So much so that despite his crippling hangover, he got up to pace around his room. He wonders why he did it, and if Win would even remember. And if Win did remember, what would that mean for them? Team has never been in a relationship before he doesn't know how any of it works. He doesn't even know if he wants to be in a relationship with Win, if he even really likes him. What if he just got swept up in the moment? All the pacing around paired with the hangover and his worries made him sick. He reached the toilet just in time. He's never had such a bad morning, he feels horrible. He cleans his face and brushes his teeth. He jumps back into bed right away when he's done. For the rest of the morning all he does is groan and complain.

Win is doing way better. He's a lot more experience with drinking than Team and has found his own remedy for the hangover, a good fatty breakfast. And some medicine. Today of all days he also has something else to help his hangover; a good mood. Win doesn't mind his hangover, because he doesn't regret the drinking. Something amazing happened yesterday, he kissed Team. More importantly, Team kissed back. Win couldn't feel better right now. The first thing he wanted to do when he woke up was text Team, but he didn't want to accidentally wake him. He decided to wait until midday. When the time finally arrived where he felt he could send a message, he didn't know what to write. 'Hey, goodm-' scratch that. 'Morning, feeling good?' delete that too. 'Hey, are you up yet?', is the message he finally decided on. He found himself staring at his screen for too long waiting for Teams reply. Just then he saw Team pop online. He could feel his face heat up.

T: 'I'm up'

W: 'How are you feeling?'

T: 'Terrible. I have the worst hangover😔'

T: 'You?'

W: 'I'm alright'

W: 'Did you take some medicine?'

T: 'Don't have any'

W: 'I'll bring you some'

Win takes the opportunity to see Team right away. Win sees the boy type and remove his messages a couple of times, which is making him a bit nervous. In the end the message he receives couldn't be better.

T: 'Okay'

Win shoots up right away and heads into his medicine cabinet. He brings everything he thinks could help Team, and more. Win wonders if Team has had a meal yet today, maybe he should buy something. He'll check on Team first and see what he has in his fridge. He dashes out the door, heading one floor up.

Win knocks on the door and notices it's open. "Come in," Team chimes from inside. "Why is your door open?" Win closes the door behind him and takes off his shoes. "I left it open for you, obviously," Team sits up in his bed but he's not sure what to do. He doesn't know where to look or how to act and he's slowly regretting accepting Win's offer. Win is feeling just as nervous, but he's good at hiding it. "Here is some medicine," Win sits on the edge of the bed and hands over a plastic bag filled with pill bottles. "Did you eat yet?" Win looks at Team who seems deeply interested in whats inside the bag, only because he's too scared to look at Win. "I haven't," Team chimes without breaking his eye contact from the bag. "Let's see what you have in your fridge," as Win gets up, Team finally dares to sneakily look at him. Just looking at him makes Team's pulse raise and he feels he should averse his gaze quick before his face will turn red. He wants to know if Win remembers, but he doesn't want to ask. Asking means he will be making it real, and he's too scared to do that right now. Especially since he doesn't know what he wants. "I'll make you some eggs."

"Thanks."

"Ah- don't forget your medicine," Win checks every cupboard looking for a glass to fill with water. "Here, for the pills," the quick touch of their fingers when Team grabs for the glass made Team feel hot in the face. He quickly downs the medicine and finishes the rest of the water trying to cool down. "How do you like your eggs?"

"Just do whatever."

Team finds himself looking at Win again in the kitchen. Once again he can feel his cheeks heating up and his pulse raise. I can't believe how much this... kiss- has shaken me up. Team unconsciously starts picking at the dead skin on his lips. I'll never be able to face him again. Every time I look at him I get flustered. It's too embarrassing. When I agreed to him coming over, I stupidly assumed he'd just get me medicine and then fuck off. I really messed this up for myself. If he mentions anything about yesterday, I think I'll die. He accidentally rips off a piece of dead skin from his lip, the iron taste of blood immediately fills his mouth. It takes him out of his thoughts. 

In the kitchen Win is doing much better. Under the feigned confidence, a nervous Win hides that is trying his best to make the boy he likes a meal. Win has a much better impression about last night. But unlike Team, Win is nervous that Team might've forgotten the kiss. At that point he wouldn't even know what to do. Tell him? Or would that be too direct? He just hopes it doesn't come to that.

"Are you eating it in bed?"

"No, no. I'll just make a mess." Team slowly gets up from bed, trying not to hurt his head too much by any sudden movements. "Let me get you some water for your head. You know, you should really be drinking water if you don't want to feel like shit," Win places the meal, he so lovingly made, on the tiny dinner table each dorm provides and goes to get some more water. Team is surprised Win picked up on his behaviour, he reckons Win must've gone drinking loads of times. He didn't know that about Win, he starts to wonder what else he doesn't know. Does he even know Win his favourite colour? A useless piece of information, but for some reason he wants to know. Not that he'd go and ask such a question now. Team fears his face would be so red, that all Win would be able to answer was 'red.'

Win places down water for the both of them and sits across Team. "Alright, I poured my heart out into this meal, so you better eat everything," Win half jokes. 

"Thanks," Team focuses his attention completely on his meal, hoping not looking at Win means he won't talk.

Win notices Team hasn't looked at him once yet today. Could it be he's shy because of yesterday? The thought alone makes Win excited and without thinking he speaks, "you remember a lot from yesterday then?" Team barely manages to contain his surprised reaction, "uh- I remember bits, some bits, I guess."

"Like what?"

The questioning is making Team more hot and uncomfortable. His leg is shaking under the table, a way to let the stress out. "I remember we had fun," Team is trying his best to let the conversation die down. Win isn't having it though, "remember how you got home?" He needs to know if Team remembers. He wants Team to. But Team isn't ready to talk about any of that stuff yet; not the kiss, not them, and definitely not his sexuality. He wishes to be anywhere but here, but here he is. And in front of him is a boy waiting for an answer. A boy who Team is now certain of, remembers the kiss they exchanged and isn't afraid to confront it. But Team is, so he'll lie. He'll lie because he doesn't know what else to do.

"I don't even remember leaving the bar," with the help of a lie Team dares to look up at Win, to make his lie more convincing. Maybe for Win to believe him, or maybe for himself.

***

An update!!!! Took me long enough. And since I haven't updated yet this year, a late happy new year!!! Not going to jinx it and wish you a better year than 2020 though. Maybe if I wish you a shit 2021 the opposite will happen, but who's willing to try. Let's just say I wish you a good year, in no relation to any other year. Once again I hope you liked the chapter (though I suppose it didn't really end on a good note), leave a comment if you did 'cus I love comments. And I'll see you at the next chapter.