This Dizzy Dreamer

I ran and ran as fast as I could, my mind racing. What if he found me? What if I couldn't get away fast enough? My breathing was quick and I didn't think I could go any faster. I looked behind me and saw a large man with blonde hair and brown eyes chasing me. He was gaining on me.

       Suddenly, I felt myself fall over something in the sidewalk. I tumbled to the ground and felt the man tackle me. This was it. I was going to die.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      

 I woke up in a cold sweat. I was shaking and I could hardly breathe. I could tell I had screamed in my sleep. I felt someone's arms around my waist and began to calm down.

       "It's ok, Alex," I heard Jaime say. I immediately calmed down. Jaime had a way of doing that to me. My breathing had returned to normal and I had stopped shaking. "It's ok, Alex. It was just a nightmare. You're ok now. I'm here," Jaime soothed.

       I nodded, the image of the man still hadn't left my mind. I turned around in bed to face him. Every night when I had the same nightmare, Jaime was always there to comfort me. I was lucky to have met him. He kissed me. "Try to go back to sleep, babe. You've got work tomorrow," he told me. He was right. Within about 5 minutes, my eyes closed and I had drifted back to sleep.

         I woke up a few hours later to the sound of Pantera. It was Jaime's alarm, not mine. Believe me, Pantera is NOT how I want to be woken up every morning, but I didn't complain. All Jaime's amazing features made a Pantera alarm not seem so bad. Jaime fumbled to turn off the alarm. I sighed. It was 7:30. I had to be at work at 8:30. I worked at a radio station, which is how I met Jaime and the rest of Pierce The Veil.

            I sighed again and got up. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I quickly got dressed into skinny jeans and a Pierce The Veil shirt. I had tons of PTV shirts because Jaime always got me them from tours. I put on some makeup and exited the bathroom.

       "Well, don't you look beautiful today," Jaime told me with a smile.

       I blushed. "Thank you," I said and put my lips on his. We kissed for a few a moments. I pulled away knowing that we couldn't go much father when I had to be at work in a half an hour.

       "I love you," he whispered when I pulled away.

       "I love you, too," I told him and I meant it more than ever. I couldn't ask for a better guy.

       I left our room and found Tony in the kitchen. Jaime had lived with Tony for a while. I just moved in when we met because I literally had no home. Things were complicated back then. Now, everything had mostly sorted itself out. Living with Tony had made him my best friend. We were super close.

       "Hey," he said, his mouth full of cereal.

       I grabbed a bowl and joined him at the table. "Hey," I greeted. I poured myself some Cinnamon Toast Crunch and drowned the squares in a white sea of milk.

       Tony crunched on his own cereal. Being vegan, milk was out of the question. The crunching sound was kind of obnoxious, but I had gotten over it. He pushed some of his dark brown, almost black, hair our of his face. Half his head was  shaved and the other half was long . He had a little braid on the long. He had brown eyes and being Mexican (like the rest of Pierce The Veil), he had darker skin. He also had gauges, tons of tattoos, and piercing in his upper cheek.

           His phone buzzed and he looked at it. He smiled. I could tell it was his girlfriend, Stephanie. She was really nice and had welcomed me into the group. Her and Tony had been going out for a really long time. I'm talking like when Pierce The Veil first started or longer. It's been a long time.

       "What are you so happy about?" I asked, already knowing the answer. The sunlight from the kitchen window made his cheek piercing glisten, almost blinding me.

       "Just texting Steph," he told me. The smile hadn't left his face.

           "You two are just too cute!" I gushed. They were. The way he lit up every time she called or texted and how he talked about her. I kind of hoped Jaime did that when I wasn't around.

       Just then, Jaime walked into the kitchen and poured himself some cereal. "Good morning, Tony," he greeted.

       "Hey, dude," Tony replied.

       "So, what are you guys doing today?" I asked taking the last bite of my cereal.

       "We're getting together to make a setlist for the tour," Jaime answered.

       "Cool," I said lightly. I was NOT looking forward to Jaime leaving. The idea of it was anything but cool. Jaime had done a few tours since we had started dating and each time it had been torture. He wasn't there to comfort me when I had my usual nightmares and I had been really scared that he would find. Somehow I got through it though.

       "Yeah," Jaime sighed. He took a sip of orange juice.

       "Any idea what songs you're gonna play?" I questions. I was trying not to let my sadness show for Jaime.

       "Well, King for a Day, duh," Jaime started. He rattled down a list of songs he wanted on the setlist. It was nice to see him so excited, but I couldn't be excited with him. I would miss him too much to even pretend I was excited.

       "Sounds cool," I said when he was finished. He was so hyper sometimes. He ran a hand through his spiky dark brown hair and looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes. It made me want him so bad.

       He paused. I could tell he noticed I wasn't happy. "You'll be fine, babe," he said finally.

       "I know," I told him even though I was worried. "When do you guys leave?" I asked.

       "Next week," Tony told me. Good. I still had a week to prepare myself for the next 2 months and try to figure how was going to get through it.

       "Ok," I said softly. Jaime put his hand on mine. It sent a tingle through my bones.

       "You having anyone on the show today?" Tony asked changing the subject. I was thankful for it, too. I didn't want to think about them leaving.

       "Yeah, we're having Attila on the show," I answered. I was kind of excited to have them on the show, I always felt honored when I got to interviewed bands I listened to.

       "That's cool. You like them, right?" Tony asked.

       "Yep," I said with a nod.

       "Well, that'll be cool," Jaime commented. He took our bowls to the sink and rinsed them out.

       I checked the time on my phone and realized that I needed to head out because it was already 8:15. "I gotta go guys," I told them and stood up. I walked over to Jaime and kissed his cheek.

       "Ok, see you when you get home," Jaime told me and kissed me the lips quickly. "Love you," he whispered.

       "Love you, too," I whispered back. I headed to the door and grabbed my keys. "Bye, Tone," I shouted behind.

       "Bye, Lex," He shouted back.

       I got in my car and drove to the radio station