Tangled In The Great Escape

I woke up the next day in Jaime's arms. I had had a nightmare worse than usual. I had tripped after about 3 seconds of running and he had proceeded to beat the shit out of me until I blacked out, which is when I woke up. I woken up screaming at the top of my lungs and practically throwing up. That made Jaime more than just a little worried.

     "You feeling better?" I heard Jaime question from behind me.

     I sighed and turned around in bed. "Yeah. I don't know what was with me last night," I told him. It was a lie. I wasn't feeling better. Visions of Nightmare Man haunted me now more than ever. I knew what had happened last night. I had felt like I was going to die.

     "Ok. Are you gonna go to work?" he asked. I didn't think I should go. I mean, I had thrown up, but if I didn't go I would just sit home all day and worry.

     "Yeah, I'm fine," I told him. I hoped he wouldn't argue me on it.

     "You sure?" he questioned. I sighed. He worried too much. Even though if felt good to have someone that cared, it could get annoying.

     "I'm sure. I'll come straight home if I feel sick again," I promised. I hated having to say things that I didn't mean. I wouldn't come home until I was literally throwing up again.

     "Ok. You better," he said playfully and kissed me as a smile appeared on my face.

     "Love you," he said in between kisses.

     "Love you, too," I responded. I stopped kissing him (which was quite a challenge) and looked at the time. It was 7:54. I needed to get dressed. I had less than an hour to get ready and eat breakfast. Fuck! I stood up and opened the closet. I pulled out a t-shirt and jeans.

     "You're so beautiful," he complimented standing up and wrapping his arms around my waist. I loved when he told me that. It had been such a long time since anyone told me that before him. He loved me and that was all I needed.

     I knew I should have pushed him off of me so I could get dress, especially since I was already late, but I just couldn't. I let him stay on me for a few minutes.

     "I need to get ready," I told him as he kissed me. After a moment, he let go, leaving as empty feeling over my body. I pulled the t-shirt over my headland pulled on the jeans. I brushed my hair and put on some makeup. 8:16. I had about 4 minutes to eat breakfast. Why was I unable to say no to Jaime's affection?

     I walked into the kitchen, where Tony had half a Pop-tart in his mouth. I grabbed a package out of the box and tore it open.

     "Hey," Tony greeted, crumbs flying from his mouth. He was always so messy. I had given up trying to clean up after him a long time ago.

     "Hey," I responded biting into my Pop-tart.

     "Why are you in such a rush?" he asked looking at the time. "Oh," he said answering his own question.

     I ate the rest of my Pop-tarts before Jaime even made it in the kitchen. "Tell Jaime I said bye," I told Tony and grabbed my car keys.

     Every morning was the same. I got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, and went to work. It might seem boring, but I liked the lack of interesting events. Before, my life had been too unpredictable. I liked that I always knew what to expect.

     The morning went by fast and at lunch, I decided to head to the cafe downstairs. I strolled down the steps and got my food. I chose a seat by the window. I liked to people watch. Call me a stalker if you want, but it was fun when I was eating alone. I watched a few people walk by. Then I saw someone that made me choke on my food. Nightmare Man stood on the other side of the glass. I took deep breaths. I could feel another panic attack coming on. I was about to when he walked in and right by me. I looked down at my food so we couldn't make eye contact. He paused right over me. My heart was beating a mile a minute. I felt my lunch coming back up. After an agonizingly long moment, he moved on and I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding in. I ran out of there and back up the stair as fast as possible.