Sometimes Things Don't Work Out The Way We Planned

I woke up after my nightmare-filled sleep and noticed Jaime wasn't on the couch. I looked around and saw him in the kitchen. I stood up and walked up next to him.

     "Oh, good. You're up," he said and kissed my forehead.

     "What time is it?" I questioned rubbing my eyes sleepily. I was hoping I wasn't late.

     "7:41. Don't worry. I was gonna wake you up soon," he told me with a smile. He wrapped me in a hug. He had practically read my mind because I was wondering if he would have enough common sense to wake me up.

     "Ok, good to know you'd wake me up," I said. I kissed him quickly and wriggled out of his hug. I grabbed the open box of Pop Tarts and munched on one. I realized I still needed to get ready.

     "Of course I would wake you up, even if you do look cute when you're asleep," he responded kissing me again. I smiled at the last part. He thought everything I did was cute, which I liked. In his mind I was perfect. It was nice to have someone think that about you.

     "I need to get dressed," I told him swallowing the rest of my Pop Tart. I went into our room and changed clothes as fast as I possibly could.

     I walked out and grabbed my keys. "Bye, guys," I shouted.

     "Have a good day!" Jaime yelled back. I walked out the door and locked it.

     I got in the car and cranked up the music. It was a lame attempt to take my mind off of everything. It didn't work too well.

     When I got to work, I walked in and climbed up the stairs. When I got there, I opened the door and started to do my work, which consisted of playing songs and talking in between them. While the songs were playing, I got to thinking all this secrecy was really dragging me down. It was taking the life out of me or maybe it was the guilt that was doing that. I was starting to feel really guilty for not telling Jaime about everything. Every time I lied to him about being ok, I just felt so bad. After everything he's done for me, he deserved the truth. All day long, I thought about whether or not to tell him. I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to just be honest with him. He was honest with me and he deserved the same in return.

     When I got home, I didn't see Jaime in the living room. No one was there. That was weird. Usually all 4 guys were on the couch. I assumed he was in our room. I mean, where else would he be? I took a few deep breaths before entering the room. I had to tell him. I couldn't keep it a secret anymore.

     I opened the door. "Babe, I need t-" I cut myself off.

     Standing in front of me was not Jaime. It was a girl. she looked pregnant and had blonde hair and blue eyes. She was pretty, but who the hell cared? Who the hell was she? And why the fuck was she in my room?

     "Who the fuck are you?" I exclaimed. I was really glad she was at least fully clothed, but still. What the fuck? Was Jaime cheating on me? He couldn't be, I told myself. He told me he wanted to be with me forever. But, what else did a girl in a bedroom mean?

     "Uh," the girl stammered. That was when Jaime came in.

     "Oh, Alex. You're home," he said. He sounded guilty. Would he seriously cheat on me? And with a pregnant woman! That was low. Wait, what if the kid was his?

     "What the hell, Jaime?" I questioned angrily. I couldn't believe he would do this to me. I thought he loved me.

     "Lex, it's not what it looks like," Jaime tried to explain. But why would I listen to him? He fucked another girl.