Epilogue

5 years later...

I was on the side of the stage. Pierce The Veil was playing an old song, Caraphernelia. The song ended and Vic, Mike, and Tony left the stage. I was pretty confused. I mean, when the singer leaves the stage, you know something’s wrong.

“Do you mind if I sing you guys a song?” Jaime questioned. He now had an acoustic guitar in his hand. The crowd cheered. I smiled. I loved Jaime’s voice. “This is a new one I just wrote,” Jaime told the crowd, "And I wrote it for my lovely girlfriend, Alex. Get over here, Lex.” I froze. I had terrible stage fright. I felt Jess push me towards the stage. I nervously walked on stage.

“Everyone, say hello to Alex,” Jaime commanded. He sat down on one of the 2 stools that were now in the middle of the stage. He gestured for me to sit down on the other one. He faced me instead of the crowd and strummed on his guitar. He started singing and looked into my eyes until the last note of the song. Casey ran up to Jaime and grabbed the guitar. What the hell was this?

I figured it was time for me to leave, so I started to stand up. He shook his head and I sat back down still very confused. “Before you leave, I have to ask you something, Alex,” he told me and all of a sudden he was down on one knee and has a box with a ring in his hand. I gasped. “Will you marry me?” he asked.

My heart stopped and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered their wings. Was this real life? I couldn’t speak. I just nodded. He stood up and put the ring on my finger with a smile on his face. He wrapped me in a hug.

“I love you,” he whispered. I was still too surprised to talk.

After everything that we had been through, how could I possibly say no? He had picked up the pieces of my life and put them back together. He was my one and only; my everything.

I loved him.