Chapter 28

"You know that you're going to have so many ladies after you... I'd bet on it." I tell Teddy as he pulls at my hair, lying on my chest.

I found a small pond on the outskirts of the town, not too far from the small battered house we stay in.

I needed some time alone with him, no Zara or Jane. Just the two of us.

I'm still new to this whole dad scene, pretending I know what I'm doing when I'm changing his nappy or trying to feed him apple sauce, only to spit it back at me.

Zara usually tries to intervene but I stop her, needing to learn something about parenting.

The little shit is aggressively happy too, the amount of slaps to the face I've survived is more than I ever received from my own dad.

You could be the scariest bastard in the world, but if your kid messes with you, you take that shit like a boss.

We are lying on the grass with the sun hitting us. Teddy is crawling now and trying to keep an eye on him at all times and plan a reverse kidnapping is driving me insane.

I've had a constant headache for weeks, listening to Grace and Finn bickering about shit I don't care about.

Zara also flipped the switch earlier by telling me she didn't want me to go, to stay with her and let them play out their rescue mission.

If I do that then the chances of us getting out of here will be slim. Unless I strangle Thomas' mum until tells us the way to the exit.

The idea is enticing.

I'd do it.

That's option two, but she just wants her son back and to get back to whatever the fuck she was doing.

Something I can't seem to shake from my mind is fucking Thomas, his orders against Teddy.

Would he have gone through with it?  To kill a newborn kid.

I don't even want to know.

I'll be sure to give him more than a left hook when I see him, that's for sure.

I huff, covering my eyes from the sun while I try to think of a way to make Zara understand.

So, because I'm going to help get the kid back, Zara took the huff and now won't speak to me.

I tried all the mushy shit for all of five minutes before I told her to go fuck. I picked up Teddy, grabbed a blanket and walked until we came to the pond.

"Never get into a relationship, pal. It will do your head in." I huffed, rubbing a hand down my face and blow out a puff of air. As if he could understand me, he giggled and pulled a face. "Knew you were a mini-me." I laughed along with him.

I could see me doing this on the outside, walking around with all these spawns to carry on my name. Zara still by my side until we turn grey and wrinkled to fuck.

I'd still give her a pounding.

"Will we go see mummy?" I lift Teddy above me, pretending he's flying until we get back to the shabby house.

I wonder if Zara is out her mood yet? I pushed the door open and walked in.

She's still pissed.

I got glared at, ignored and then moaned at because she couldn't find me.

I might love this annoying human but my fucking god it's taking me everything not to shove my dick in her mouth to shut her up.

Jane tells me that the other two are preparing to leave, waiting for me to get ready.