Chapter 1

"Hey, Daichi. Why don't you come to my house for dinner?" Koushi asked. He confessed to Daichi, his friend, classmate and captain of the volleyball club, around two months before. Surprisingly, Daichi said the feelings were mutual, and so they decided to start dating. Evening practice was almost over, and Koushi thought it was a good time to ask his boyfriend to stay together a bit longer.

"Sorry, Suga. I need to study tonight. Tomorrow we have a test, remember?" Daichi replied, making Koushi sad.

"But we could study together, Daichi! We're in the same class, and we have the same exams." the grey-haired boy said.

"I know, Suga. But we have morning practice too, and we can't be late tonight."

"I know, but..." The black-haired male gave him a serious gaze, which made him go silent.

"Suga, you're acting like a child. I'm the captain, here, and you're the vice captain. What kind of example are we going to give to the first years, if we are late or tired for practice? We already have enough problems with Hinata and Kageyama always fighting."

"Guys, coach Ukai is still talking." Ennoshita whispered to them. "If you don't want to be yelled at, you'll better talk while walking home."

"Sorry, Ennoshita." they replied together.

Koushi and Daichi were silent for half of the way home. The grey-haired boy could tell that his boyfriend was disappointed in him, but they needed to talk seriously.

"Daichi, can we talk?" he asked. The captain remained still, then turned toward Koushi.

"Do you want to talk here? in the middle of the street?" he asked.

"Yes, Daichi." the grey-head said, staring into his eyes. "It's two months now that we're together, and we only see each other during classes and club activities. We never talk, and the only times we kiss is when we part way to go home. What kind of relationship is this?"

"What are you talking about, Suga?" Daichi asked in disbelief. "We are in the University Preparation class, and we have the Spring Tournament in a few months. The teachers are already keeping an eye on us third years, they wanted us to leave the team. What are we supposed to do, Suga? Do we have to waste our time, or cut the time we give to volleyball? I don't want to lose again!" Koushi's eyes got watery.

"Are you saying that you're wasting your time? Our relationship is a waste of time?" he asked under his breath, while warm tears started to roll down his cheeks.

"No, Suga, wait. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that..." Daichi started to say, but he stopped when his boyfriend looked at him with an angry expression.

"I've understood what you're saying, Daichi!" the grey-haired boy shouted. "For you, volleyball and school are way more important than me. So why did you accept to go out with me?"

"Suga, keep your voice down. It's something about us, you don't have to let all Japan know about it." the captain said, looking around. Koushi got even angrier.

"You know what, Daichi? There is nothing that people can find out, because we don't have a relationship anymore." his hazel eyes were as cold as ice.

"Wait, what?" Daichi asked, feeling his heart skipping a beat.

"We are not together anymore, Daichi. I'm breaking up with you."

"Wait, Suga. Why are you leaving me?" the black-haired boy asked.

"I've just told you why. Without me, you can finally focus on volleyball and exams. I'm leaving you so you don't have to waste your time anymore with my childish behaviour!" He turned to take his way home and said: "See you tomorrow at morning practice, Daichi." Koushi ran away leaving Daichi where he was standing and yelling his name, he didn't want the captain to see his tears.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone. I've decided to bring this fanfiction from AO3 to here. I will try my best to upload the entire fanfic here as fast as I can, as it is practically finished on AO3.

I hope you'll like it, and enjoy your reading. =)