Chapter 2

Marilynn's pov

The next day at school wasn't any different from yesterday. When I got to school everyone was still staring at me but I guess I'd just have to get used to it. I went straight to my locker and took out the stuff that I was going to need. After I took out everything I went my first period class. I greeted the teacher and sat down at my desk. Since I was the first one in the classroom I decided to start reading a book that was on the shelves. As I was really getting into the story someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up and saw it was Brad.

"May I help you?" I asked

"No, I was just wondering what book you were reading" he stated.

I showed him the front cover of my book and he sat down in the seat next to mine.

"So do you have an answer yet?" he asked

"An answer for what?"

"Whether you're going to the party or not"

"I don't know yet" I responded.

He turned around in his seat and started talking to this girl that was in front of him. After they finished talking they both got up and walked out of the classroom. I didn't notice that the class got fuller because I was too busy reading. The bell rang so I stopped reading my book and paid attention the teacher while he was talking. He started to get boring so I zoned out and started reading more of my book.

"Ms. Andrews ar-"

He stopped talking when he heard the classroom door open then close. Two days in a row this has happened. In walked Brad and the girl he was talking to. The teacher told both of them to take their seats and he continued his lecture.

"Put your homework on your desk so I can collect it then copy down what's on the board" Mr. Sailes said.

I took out my notebook and homework and started writing down what was on the board. He had us doing dialoges as if we didn't already know how to do it. I quickly finished my work and started reading. What can I say? I really liked reading. I still have to convince my brother Mathew into letting me go to that party on Friday, even though I knew it would be pretty hard anyway. I know that Mathew doesn't trust Brad being around me. I don't even really trust Brad being around from what Mathew told me yesterday. I just hope that I'm not going to turn out like one of the girls who gets played once and then turns into a slut. I quickly headed to my math class where I knew I would see Brittany and Darren. I was going to ask them if they are going to go to the party so I would have a better excuse.

"Hey Marilynn" Darren and Brittany greeted as I sat down at my seat

"Hey, are you going to the party that on Friday?" I asked

"Yeah, who isn't? It's going to be hosted at this boy Gregory's house. His parent's are going to be out of town for the next couple of weeks so there is going to be a lot of alcohol"

"Yay, that gives me a good reason to go to the party" I said out loud but more to myself.

"Why wouldn't you be able to go?" Darren asked

"Well because my brother is a little over protective and he doesn't want me going to a party"

"Considering who your brother is I am pretty surprised" Brittany commented

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well since he is an all time player himself I wouldn't really expect him to have a heart for girls"

"She has a point. He lays girls and then thow them away like they were nothing" Darren added

"And you say this as if you never have been laid before" I said cocking my eyebrow.