8

Chaewon stands still, holding her chin, until she is finally joined by Eunbi, Yuri, Hitomi, Yujin and Sakura at her side. 

'OH MY JISOO!' Sakura shouts, 'Chaewonie! Are you secretly dating or something? What was all that about!'

Chaewon stops smiling and says, 'I don't know, I thought they hated us...'

'Minjoo was way prettier in person, I never see her in person. But did you see Yena! I can't believe I've never seen her in person either.' Yuri shouts.

'It's quite strange how we've never seen them in person but we go to the same school.' Sakura says, confused.

'It's because they're so much smarter than us and prettier than us and better than us.' Yujin replies with a sad face.

'What were you talking about with Minjoo, Chaewon?' Hitomi asks.

'Nothing, she just saved Yuri and me from Nayeon and Jeongyeon. It's no big deal.' Chaewon replies, without realising that her smile grew ten times bigger as she spoke.

'Aww you're blushing Chaewonie!' Eunbi squeals grabbing Chaewon's hands, jumping up and down excitedly.

'You have to go on a date with her.' Sakura butts in.

Chaewon's bright smile disappears in just one second. 'No! I'm NOT blushing and I do NOT want to date her!'

'You totally do.' Hitomi says.

'Whatever. Let's just go to lesson.'

Chaewon wanted to believe that she didn't like Minjoo. She wanted to believe that she was just flustered by the most popular girl in school being nice to her, that's why she blushed. She wanted to believe all of this, but she thought maybe...

no

'I can never like Kim Minjoo.' she whispers to herself on their way to class.

'What?' Yujin, who is walking close to her says.

'Nothing.' Chaewon replies with her head down.

'What is it Chaewon?' Yujin asks.

'I said it's nothing Yujin.' Chaewon says, raising her voice.

Yujin doesn't believe her. 'Ya unnie! I know you're bothered by something now!'

'How do you know?' Chaewon says quietly.

'Because whenever you are, you talk to yourself and when we ask you what you said, you always say it's nothing! Then you end up telling us later on, so save yourself the trouble and tell us now!' Yujin stops walking and shouts, making everyone else in the halls turn to look at them.

'Yujin-ah...' Chaewon says looking around at the scene they've caused.

Yujin now looks around and sees for herself. She sighs whispers and walks off.

'Ignore her Chaewon. You know what she's like.' Sakura says, dragging Chaewon along with her and the rest.

Yujin loves her friends more than anything.

She tells them everything.

What makes Yujin happy, is hanging out with her friends.

What makes Yujin sad, is when her friends are sad.

And what makes Yujin mad, is when her friends don't tell her why they're sad.

'If you don't tell me then I feel like a bad friend because I can't help you.'

They all know this.

Some things are just hard to say. Even to your best friends.

-

and i oop-

so I know that Minjoo likes it when her name is spelt like Minjoo not Minju but my brain decided to not process that when I began writing this so I am gonna start now

who's your IZ*ONE bias everyone?

I'm woolimz biased :)

-