17

Chaewon pov:

I'm going to Minjoo's house tonight.

I'm not very good with people.

Will it be awkward when I meet her family?

I say that like we're dating. We aren't. I wish.

I'm never going to ask her out though. However much I want to date her, I just can't.

I think I am still underestimating her popularity, I mean, I know she is popular but I haven't had the opportunity to see just how popular she is yet.

I'm already considered 'weird' by everyone in school so I don't think I could handle all the pressure. Also... there is a lot of immature people in our school.

Dating a girl? They wouldn't approve.

My grandma wouldn't approve.

I need to try and sneak out of the house without waking my grandma up. Because If I wake her she will- never mind.

I walk out my room slowly and make my way to the kitchen to get some breakfast. Toast? No, the toaster is too loud. Fruit? We have no fruit. Cereal? No, I need to eat it on my way to school. I guess it will have to be toast... and there's no bread.

I've lost so much weight recently, since my grandma doesn't go grocery shopping. She orders food for herself every night and leaves her plate on the floor in front of my room, so I can eat the leftovers. Some days she doesn't even leave anything.

I would shop for food but I have no money. She doesn't give me any because she doesn't have much. She got the money from my parents when they died but spent it all on useless things for herself. She doesn't work so pretty soon I'm gonna have to get myself a part-time job just so I can pay for my education. But, getting a job will be hard because she doesn't let me leave the house. When I want to hang out with my friends, I tell her that I will be studying in the school library. That's what I told her I'm doing today.

As quiet as I can, I open the front door after sliding my shoes on. Walking to school is fun because Yuri walks with me. But some days, like today, her mom takes her. Guess I'm by myself again. It's fine.

The last lesson of the day finishes and I walk out of the classroom after saying bye to my friends.

"Fairy!" I hear someone shout. Fairy? Where?

"Hey fairy!" Who is- ohh

"Hi Minjoo." I say after finding the voice. "Why am I called fairy?" I ask.

She giggles and says "Cause... It's cute. Like you" She's so adorable omg.

"I'm cute?" I ask, trying to keep a straight face to hide my happiness.

"Of course you are. Are you ready to come to my house?" She asks, getting her phone out.

"Yep. I'm excited" I say. She smiles with her cute little cheeks then suddenly dials a number.

"Hey" She says as she puts the phone to her ear. "Why did you call me earlier?"