Asthma

Chapter 3

"Tony?" Peter's voice came out so quiet that Tony almost missed it if not for the dead silence in the car.

"Hey, sleep more. We're about an hour out." Tony said combing back Peter's hair. 

"Fuck this traffic!" Happy jams his hands on the wheel and the moment he saw an opening he switches lanes and sped up.

"Yup traffic and Happy does not mix well." Peter only notice that the moment Tony got him in the car he fell asleep dropping his head over Tony's shoulder. A protective arm around him that kept playing with his curls was the culprit on why he's so sleepy.

"Tony.. will the avengers eat with us?"

"If you don't want to then I'll kick 'em out."

"I want them there.. 'm a big fan." Peter snuggle closer to Tony, irritated at the way the seatbelt is not allowing hm to be closer. He broke out a yawn and stops Tony's hand from rubbing his scalp.

"You're making me sleepy." Tony chuckles rubbing his arm instead.

"You should sleep more. You look like you need it."

"That's coming from you?"

"Okay listen here Einstein." Tony smiles down at him and when Peter looks up smiling back it's like a weight was lift off his chest.

"First time you smile at me that wide after so long."

"Well if you're not nagging me all the time then I'll do it often."

"What?! Me a nagger? You little--"

"Don't tickle me!" Peter yelps out when Tony pokes at his side.

"No fair!"

"What was that?" Tony laughs out when Peter giggles uncontrollably, trying to get away from him.

"Tony!" Peter ducks when Tony pokes his armpit this time. Peter's giggles are like music to Tony's ears. Bringing such warmth in his chest, I bet Friday is having a field day with the amount of dopamine in my system.

"You giggle like a baby, how cute." Tony laughs out.

"I'm not a baby!" Peter whines, wheezing out a bit after the tickle attack.

"Okay whatever you say, bambino." Tony almost surprise himself with the italian moniker. Remembering his roots might not be so bad. His mother calls him that, calling his own son that felt so right.

"What's for dinner? Is Pepper cooking?"

"If she'll be cooking we'll never get to eat. She'll be coming from work bud. What do you want to eat? I'll order take out."

"Um.. cheese burger?"

"What? Is that dinner?"

"Please Tony.."

"You're so lucky I love cheese burgers. How 'bout we add some chicken and mash potatoes in that spider tummy?"

"And cheeseburgers?"

"Okay okay!"

"Yes!"

Tony snuggle the kid closer, leaning his cheek by the boy's curls. He smiles back at Happy who's looking at him from the mirror with another knowing smile on his face.

A silent defeat, he nods at Happy who smile wider and finally got out of traffic.

*******

"Sweetheart.." The moment Peter walk in the dining area, Pepper is still in her business wear. A dress that hugs her curves dropping to a pencil cut, 2cm above her knees. Wearing 4 inches red stiletto heels doesn't really do much since she's already quite tall. Having her hair tied up in a pony tail only accentuate her beautiful features.