Moving on.. Silently (Part 1)

Chapter 10

"Bruce.." Tony grabs his arms and Bruce pulls him in a tight hug, patting his back a couple of times before pulling away. Showing him a sympathetic smile.

"H-How's.." Tony's hand trembles as he brush his face trying to calm his nerves to no avail. Pepper takes his hand, rubbing them with hers. Tony and her shared a look, both of them looking back at Bruce trying to be ready to what Bruce will have to say. Tony squeezes Pepper's hand and she rubs his arm, sticking close to her fiancé.

"How is he?" Tony ask taking in a shuddering breath.

"Tony.. those pills are no normal pills even for Peter's metabolism. We tried to flush it out of his system as much as we can. But with how fast he burns food is similar to how fast he absorbs them. We, Helen and a Doctor friend of mine who specializes with these cases tried everything we can do, Tony. He.. He had a cardiac arrest on the table.."

Tony turns pale white, his eyes shaking as he stares at Bruce and tried to comprehend what he's telling him.

"W-What do you mean, Bruce?" Pepper's voice breaks, tears staining her already flush face.

"He's alive." Bruce squeeze Tony's shoulder. He eyed him and then Pepper.

"He's alive Tony, Pepper." He repeats.

"But.. he's under a coma. He had two seizures and then his heart stopped. W-We were able to revive him but.. the medicine is too strong. I.. I'm sorry. I created that medicine.. I'm so sorry Tony."

"You're kidding, Bruce. S-Stop this bullshit! Where the fuck is my kid!" Tony pulls away from Pepper trying to push Bruce out of the way.

"Tony.. you can't go in there. We are still running some test. Calm down. Please, Tony. I'm sorry! I'm sorry, please! Friday call Steve in here." Bruce struggles, stopping Tony from entering.

While Pepper use the wall for support as she slowly falls on her knees, crying silently. Her whole body trembling as she tries to take in air that seems too hard to do when your heart feels like it's gonna explode any moment.

"Fuck, Bruce! Get the fuck away from me! Move! I need to see my son! He's waiting for me! Bruce!!"

"Tony! Calm down." Steve came running, pulling Tony away from Bruce. Rhodey came next, moving in front of Tony. Grabbing his bestfriend's shoulders. Natasha follows behind, helping Pepper up to her feet and she sobs in her arms.

"Tones, shh.. deep breaths, Man."

"Rhodey.. I need to s-see.. I need to see, Peter. He's not.. Bruce told me his heart stopped." Rhodey's eyes widen and tears pools his tired eyes while Steve stills, his grip on Tony loosening..

"That can't be, Rhodey. I'm the one with a heart problem. Not my son. It's not my boy, Rhodey. It's not him. He can't be in a coma. I know the numbers! I fucking know the numbers and how low the percentage of surviving.. I'm.." Tony stills, gripping Rhodey's shirt with his shaking hands.

"I'm going to lose my kid.. am I?" Tony's eyes shakes as thick tears fell from them.

"I'm going to lose, Peter.. my son." Tony met Rhodey's eyes and saw nothing. The image he can see is his son. The image of his son lifeless. Eyes closed. Brown eyes that will never look at him ever again.

"Tony.." Rhodey didn't know what to say to him. What will he say? Tony let Rhodey go and shakes out of Steve's loose grip. Once Steve let go his knees unbuckle and he fell on all four with Rhodey and Steve already trying to pull him up but he shakes away from their hold.