My fault..

Chapter 7

"Dude, I still can't believe Tony Stark is your father now." Ned said chewing on some chips as we finish lego death star in his room. Happy drove us here and will pick me up by 8:30.

"Well me neither. They really are a handful though. They worry about anything." Peter laughs out and Ned smiled. Seeing his friend finally able to smile and laugh after loosing his Aunt is a step. Peter can finally be happy. Being friends with him since they are in grades school. He's a witness to all Peter's struggles. He lost his parents. Ben.. and now May.

He wonders how strong can a person be to withstand all that. Or maybe..

Peter's just too good in putting up a front.

"You sure you're okay now?" Ned ask, worry evident in his tone.

"Yeah. Why? You still worried about my asthma?" Ned just gave him a look and Peter throws him a pillow.

"I'm okay, Ned. I have Tony and Pepper. May would want me to be happy." Peter said and Ned smiled offering him some chips.

"May would have wanted that more than anything else, Pete." Ned said and Peter grab a chip throwing it at Ned's face.

"Not cool, dude. You're gonna make a mess. Mom will kill us." Peter just laugh out.

"Then stop being all serious and help me with this!"

"Fine.."

*********

"Bye Ned, see you tomorrow."

"See you, Pete!"

"Hey Happy." Peter went in the passenger seat and buckled in.

"You good, kid?"

"Yeah." He nods and Happy drove off.

"You better call Tony. He's been nagging me that he has no reason to leave the meeting because you're not calling him."

"They're still in the meeting?"

"Oh they're in a different meeting now." Peter nods. Realizing again how busy Tony Stark is. He picks up his phone and finally calls him. He answers in one ring. Wow.

Tony really is waiting for his call.

"Sorry I have to take this. It's my son." Peter heard from the other line. It made his heart swell and he smiles as he wait for Tony to speak first. There's a sound of a door closing and Tony walking out.

"Hey, bambi. How are you?"

"Hi Dad. I'm good. Happy just pick me up from Ned's."

"Okay, remember what we talked about okay? No patrolling tonight. Do your homework. Eat. Wash up and go to bed."

"I know, Dad. You have Friday remind me. How 'bout you? Will you able to go home tomorrow?" Tony was silent for awhile and he sighs.

That can't be good.

"Pete, I'm kinda stuck here for awhile. I need to meet the President. I need to talk to him tomorrow about what happened in New York or else the Avengers will suffer some consequences."

"Oh.. How about Pepper?" Peter ask trying not to sound disappointed.

"Pepper will return tomorrow. She's in the meeting with me. SI is involved in this and so the CEO has to be present."