Maa's Warning

Sana reached Mumbai airport at eight in the morning. She had kissed sleeping Zoro and left for work. Leaving him and travelling so far always broke her heart. But she has to as all her work is in Mumbai. Zoro was happy and safe in Punjab with his nanu and nani, all loved and pampered.
She sat in the driver's seat. There was a newspaper lying on the passenger seat nearby. They was a lot of traffic on the road. She picked up the newspaper and opened it. There was a picture of her with Zoro. She was relieved that zoro's only side image was seen. She had kept him away from media's eyes. The caption read " Shehnaaz Gill with her adopted son". How did she not see a reporter in mohali yesterday. She has been very careful all the time. It worried her a little but she consoled herself that zoro is not clearly seen. Her shoot starts in an hour. She will have to go directly to the location. No time to go home. It didn't felt like home nowadays. It felt more like a rest house. Home was where his Zoro was. She would fly in and out of Mumbai at least thrice a week. She will return back tomorrow, she thought. She is already missing her son.
Maa was just going through the newspaper. Sid has left for his shoot. He has insisted she come to the party in the evening with him. But she has refused. As she turned the newspaper on entertainment page, she saw a picture of Sana and a little boy of four. This must be her adopted son, she thought. She wore her specs to look closely at the boy and felt something fimiliar. She couldn't believe her eyes. No, she must be mistaken, she thought. She switched on the light for better view. This couldn't be true. She went to her room and removed an album. There was a photo of Sid when he was four. It looked the same. How can it be possible. She called Nidhi and told her to come immediately. Nidhi came running fearing Maa to be ill. Maa showed her the similarities. They both were in a shock.
Nidhi: Maa aapko yeh baat Siddharth ko bata deni chahiye.
Maa: Nahi. Tu yeh kisise nhi kahegi. Muje pata hai muje kya karna hai.
Nidhi: Aap kya karogi Maa.
Maa: Jo muje karna chahiye. Par beta jab tak maj kuch nhi kahti tu chup rah
Nidhi: Jee Maa. Aap thek ho na.
Maa: Ha tu meri chinta mat kar.
Sana finished her shoot at five in the evening. She returned to her vanity and switched on her mobile. They were three missed call from Maa. Maa has called her after 5 years. What could have been the reason. She dialled her no. and it was received on the second ring.
Sana: Maa?? Kaisi ho??
Maa: Mai thek hu. Milna chahti hu tumse. Aaj free ho??
Sana: Ha Maa. Mai abhi ghar jaa rahi hu aap aa jaao ghar. Ya fir jaha aap bolo
Maa: Nahi mai tumhare ghar aati hu. Ek gante me milti hu.
Sana: Thek hai. Bye Maa
Maa: Bye
Maa wanted to meet her. Why?? She was so distant. Sana felt uneasy about it. She rushed to her car and left for home. Exactly at six the door bell rang. Sana opened the door. Maa smiled. Sana wanted to hug her but they was no warmth in Maa's approach. She invited her in. Maa sat on the sofa and Sana on the chair opposite to her.
Maa: Kaisi ho??
Sana: Thek hu. Aur aap??
Maa: Mai bhi thek hu. Tumhare mummy papa sab thek hai??
Sana: Ha sab thek hai.
Maa: Aur tumhara beta. Vo kaisa hai??
Sana: Accha hai Maa.
Maa: Adopt kiya tha na tumne usse char saal pehle??
Sana: Haa
Maa: Kis orphanage se adopt kiya tha??
Sana felt her palm sweating. She was lying to Maa and Maa knew it
Sana: Punjab ke orphanage se.
Maa: Kyu kiya aise achanak adopt??
Sana: Muje bacche ke chah the Maa isleye. Par aap kyu puch rahe ho yeh sab??
Maa: Yeh dekne ke leye ke tu mujse kitna jhut bol sakti ho.
Sana: Kya matlab??
Maa removed Sid's photo when he was 4 and today newspaper and gave it to Sana. Sana took it with trembling hands. Her expressions changed. She had fear in them now. She saw Sid's photo. Zoro was just like him. She looked at Maa.
Maa: Yeh sab kya hai Sana??
Sana: Maa usse baccha nhi chahiye tha
Maa: Tumne usse bataya tha ke tum pregnant the??
Sana: Maa aap ko nhi pata kya hua tha.
Maa: Aur muje jaanna bhi nhi hai tum dono ke beech ka kuch bhi. Tum dono ne apne zindagi apne haato se kharaab ke hai. Aur ab ek bacche ke bhi kharaab karne ke koshish kar rahe ho. Par ab mai yeh nhi hone dungi. Siddharth ko tum bataugi. Mai tumhe kal shaam tak ka time de rahi hu. Nahi to Sana usse mai bata dungi. Ab tumhari marzi. Par meri maano to usse tumhe he bataana chahiye.
Sana: Maa please yeh mat karvaao mujse. Mai uspe apna baccha nhi thopna chahti.
Maa: Vo uska bhi baccha hai. Aur uska haq hai jaanne ka. Ab jo bhi anjaam hoga uske leye tumhe aapne aap ko tayaar karna padega.
Maa got up and was about to leave.
Sana: Maa aap mujse bahot nafrat karte honge na ab
Maa: Mai tumse kabhi nafrat nhi kar sakti. Ha par bahot bahot naaraaz hu.
Maa left the house. Sana sat on the sofa with her head in her hands dreading the anger she will be facing when she meets Siddharth.

Sidnaaz- The Emotional Saga- Epilogue (Completed) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें